Chapter 43

"Ek min..... Kal nashe mein apne humse ek baat puchi thi par humne jawab nahi diya tha kyunki hum chahte the k hum aapke pure hosh hawaj mein aapse ye kahe....... Isse phele shayad mauka nahi mila ye batane ka par jo humari dost hai na, vo bohot mayne rakhti hai humare liye unki dosti bohot khas hai vo na humari choti si duniya ka hissa ban gaya hai unse baatein aur jhagda kiye bagair hume kuch achha nahi lagta. Hume itna tang karne k baad bhi humari sab se jyada parvah karti hai. Aapne zubaan se aapne jazbaat bayan na kar paye par unki ankhein hai na unke dil ka haal bayan kar deti hai....... Aur vo jaisi hai na hume waise hi pasand hai aur shayad isliye unko khone se daarte hai."

Karishma could not hold back her tears after hearing Haseena's heartfelt confession about their friendship. After years, she felt that someone other than her mother understood and cared about her. Karishma without waiting for a moment ran to Haseena and hugged her tightly. Although Haseena lost her balance a bit due to Karishma's force, she managed to maintain her balance and wrapped Karishma securely in her arms.

Karishma began weeping bitterly, the only sound that filled the room was her whimpers and cries.

Haseena started to rub her back, giving her assurance while saying, "Aaj jitna rona hai na ro lijiye par aaj k baad hum kabhi bhi aapko khudko sazaa dete huye nahi dekhna chahte, kam se kam us galti k liye to bilkul bhi nahin jo aapne ki hi nahin."

However, Karishma's grip tightened on her waist and they remained like that for some time. Karishma was soaking up all the love and warmth she needed at that time, while Haseena was feeling all the mixed emotions of power and happiness. Power from the fact that she will NOT let anyone hurt her, and happiness from knowing that she is safe and secure in her arms.

Karishma left her after releasing all her pain, and murmured, "I am okk Galib."

Haseena pulled out her dupatta and stepped closer to her again and started to wipe away her tears while saying, "Kisine kaha hai kya aapse k aap rote huye bohot jyada kharab lagti hain."

Karishma was staring at her without blinking her eyes and unknowingly a small smile spread across her face. After cleaning her face, Haseena stepped back and said in an optimistic tone, "I know I can't lessen your pain or fix anything but I can be a comforting presence to you, only if you let me in."

Karishma nodded in understanding while Haseena headed to the kitchen and came back with a glass of water and handed it to her.

Karishma took the glass silently from her hand and had a few sips of water and said, "Can you pass me some tissues? I want to blow my nose, otherwise I might have to use that dupatta of yours." She snuffed while laughing inwardly.

With a disgusted look on her face, Haseena said, "Chii aisa sochiyega bhi nahi" and tightly clutched her dupatta close to her chest.

"I am sorry, I was just kidding" said Karishma between giggles and again with the most innocent voice, she asked, "Kya kal k liye maaf kar sakti ho, I am sorry" with puppy eyes.

A smile broke across Haseena's face as she looked into her eyes and responded, "Humne pehle bhi kaha tha aur abhi bhi keh rahe hai hum apse naraz nahi the...... Aur hum bas chahte hai k aainda se aap aapne andar kuch bhi dabakar mat rakhiye...... Phele ki baat aur thi, par aab hum hai aur aap humse kabhi bhi kuch bhi keh sakti hai."

"My dear Galib, I am feeling better now aab se kuch bhi hua na toh sab se phele aake tumhe bataungi," Karishma replied in a lively tone, "Aisa lag raha k kuch bojh utar gaya hai dilse" and stepped closer to Haseena and took her hand and said, "After so many years, I finally have someone to look forward to after Amma. Thank you aur tumhe pata hai na tum best ho."

"Ha Kya," Haseena asked teasingly.

"Fir Kya," replied Karishma with a wink.

"Bas bas waise hum bun nahi hai jo aap itna maska laga rahi hai....... Aur dost hote kis liye hai haan," Haseena asked, raising her eyebrows while keeping her hands on her waist.