Chapter 18

There was a pleasant atmosphere at the Haseena office, as the team organized a potluck lunch. Everyone contributed to the team. Haseeena was smiling at everyone but today her smile wasn't reaching her eyes. She had a worried look on her face as her mind was still wandering around the morning scene. Finally, Santosh arrived and they sat down at the corner of the cafeteria, because they didn't want to be bothered and thought they could enjoy their lunch while chatting.

“Kya baat hai ek dam mast Halwa banaya hai aapne” praised Santosh.

Haseena was in her own thoughts, so she plainly replied, "Hmmm".

Santosh noticed that Haseena was lost in her own thoughts, she had some mischief in mind, so she asked her, "Aap shyam ko muje aapne paiso se shopping karyangi?".

Haseena replied "Hmmm".

Santosh chuckled at her reply and asked again, "Kya aap mere liye Chikini chameli par dance karengi?"

Haseena once again replied, "Hmmm".

This time Santosh couldn't hold her laughter and Haseena was out of her trance, she blurted out, "Kya hua aap aise hass kyu rahi hai?”

While holding the stomach to control her laughter, Santosh announced, "You just agreed to dance for me on Chikni chameli."

"Kya" Haseena asked with her eyes widening. "Kab kaha humane aisa?" exclaimed with a shocked expression on her face.

“Just now,” Santosh replied

Haseena got frustrated and said “Hum aisa kyu kahenge”

“Aapne toh agree bhi kiya muje shyaam ko shopping karvane k liye…… Vo bhi aapke paiso se…… Santosh spoke in an innocent tone and smiled playfully.

“Kuch bhi” opposed Haseena

In a serious tone, Santosh said, "Sorry to say, but aapne agree kiya tha, jab aap aapne duniya mai khoyi thi."

Despite realising what Santosh meant, Haseena denied saying "Aisi koi baat nahi hai".

Santosh gave no weight to her counterstatement and asked “Please Haseena atleast muje se toh saach kahiye aapke chehre par 12 baje hai……Muje samaj nahi aata kya…..”

Haseena was silent and avoided the topic, but her worried expression was evident.

Santosh urged her yet again to say, "Bataye toh sahi kya hua Ammi Abu ki yaad aa rahi hai kya?"

As Haseena understood her concern tone and saw her stressed face, she replied, "Hum bohot lucky hai k aap humare zindagi mai hai bohot kaam dost hote hai jo apke dil ka haal samaj jate hai." She gently pressed santosh's hand, saying, "Koi baat nahi hum bas thode pareshanthe vo subha Khadoos!"

After listening to “Khadoos” without giving Haseena a chance, Santosh blurted, "Pata tha muje pata tha unone hi kuch kiya hoga aapke na piche hi padi rahti hai." She tried to stop her, but Santosh continued "Ek din na bohot bura sunegi vo mujse"

Haseena eventually had to yell loudly "Ek min Santosh Humari baat toh suniye unone kuch nahi kiya"

Being confused, Santosh asked, "Kya unone kuch nahi kiya toh hua kya hai?"

As Haseena told Santosh about the morning incident she told her how Karishma loved halwa made by her, how delighted she was after eating it and then the sudden change in her behavior. As she returned home to pick up the file she found her in tears.

As Santosh nodded in understanding "Acha toh ye baat hai “,she immediately asked, “Hoga kuch unka personal aap kyu pareshan ho rahi hai?"