Chapter 36

It's been 4 days since Karishma left without talking to Haseena and she was not able to understand why it bothered her so much. She was restless and grumpy all the time, as if she was missing something, or to be precise, someone, but she was very adamant about accepting it. This change was noticed by Pushpaji and Santosh, but they kept it to themselves to give her time. It was a weekday and Haseena was trying to book a cab when she came out of the office. She was stunned when suddenly a car came in front of her and stopped. The driver got out of the car and leaning on the car door asked "Let me drive you home today."

Haseena stood in astonishment and couldn't figure out whether Karishma was really in front of her or if she had just imagined her. As she stood all blank with no expression, Karishma called again, but Haseena did not respond, so she waved her hand across her face and asked “Hello Gallib are you there?”

After having emerged from her trance, a smile spread across Haseena's face, reaching her eyes with the shine, but in a millisecond her expression turned from happy to annoyed and she asked: "Aap yaha kya kar sahi hai?"

Karishma observed the change as well and replied, "Full-time pilot se part-time driver ka job karne ki soch rahi hu."

“It's good that suits you," said Haseena and without waiting for Karishma's response, she started walking while Karishma locked the car and followed her as well.

Haseena became irritated when she saw Karishma walking behind her and she abruptly stopped and asked, "Aap humare piche kyu aa rahi hai?"

“Mai tumhare piche nahi aa rahi hu tum aage chal rahi ho” replied Karishma shrugging her shoulder.

Haseena completely ignored her response and continued walking.

“Tum muje ignore kyu kar rahi ho” asked Karishma who was following her.

Haseena became furious and turned towards Karishma, sternly replied, “Hum kaha aapko nazar andaaz kar rahe hai waise bhi vo aap thi jo chahti thi hum aapse aur aapke zindagi se dur rahe.”

Karishma shook her head in understanding and asked “Hum do samjadar logo ki tarah baat kar sakte hai”

Haseena sneered and said “Samajdar aur aap pata hai danishmandi aur aapka dur dur tak koi taluk nahi hai” and she quickly added “By the way danishmand means wise.”

Karishma scratched her eyebrows and said “Dekho ye bachpana chodo aur baat samajne ki koshish karo”

Haseena narrowed her eyes and furiously replied “Acha hum bachpana karte hai vo kya hai na Captain Sahiba aapko aapke gireban mai ek baar jakna chaiye….. Aur ha logo k bare mai bina jane une judge aap karti hai hum nahi….. Bachpana aap karti hai hum nahi”

Trying to speak, Karishma said, "Ha pata hai par ek bar baat toh suno".

Haseena approached Karishma standing straight in front of her while looking fearlessly into her eyes; she asked firmly "Ha boliye hum sun rahe hai?"

Karishma avoided eye contact and started looking around. In an attempt to reply, she fumbled, “Vo mai vo baat ye hai ki”

“Aree aap itna hich kicha kyu rahi hai hamesha aapko jo kehna hota hai vo toh aap bina soche samje bol hi deti hai….. Isliye jo bhi kehna hai jaldi kahiye hume der ho rahi hume jaana hai” said Haseena

Karishma being bit irritated said “Mai tum se jhagada karne nahi aayi hu”

Keeping her hand on her waist, Haseena asked, “Toh kya karne aayi hai aap aur ek baat batadu humari aachai ki aur sabr ki ek haad hai use aap paar na hi kar toh acha hai”

Karishma gave a nod and said “Dekho mujse galti ho gayi gusse mai kuch jada hi keh diya tumhe”

Haseena interrupted her in between and said "Acha"