Chapter 57

It was late at night and Haseena was arranging clothes in her new apartment. Sleep was far from her eyes and she wanted to keep herself busy with anything. Although she had moved from Pushapji's house two days ago, she didn't feel at home for one moment. She concealed a strong face in front of Santosh when she forced her to accompany her to her new apartment. She was well aware that Santosh was just checking on her and didn't want her to be alone. However, today she asked her to return to her place, as Priyanshu would be alone without her.

As she was working, her hair strands were disturbing her and in frustration, she was about to tie it when she remembered.

"Baal khule rakha karo, suit karte hai tum par."

At that moment, Haseena started feeling restless and in a second, her mind filled with memories. Even though her mind wanted to forget the memories of that one person, her heart longed for that one person. It was confusing and baffling to her how this one person could have such an impact on her.

“As long as we are friends, you are not walking through anything alone. I will be there.”

"Tum jaisi ho waise hi bahut achi ho. Don't change yourself for anybody in this world because the people who really love you or care about you will love you for being yourself.”

She closed her eyes tightly and tears started to pour down her cheeks.

“Ye aansu bahut kimti hai mere dost, woh kya hai na Hogi dilchaspi logo ki Seepo k showpiece-o main par hamara dil toh atka hai unmein chupe motiyon mein.”

“Saaya bhi andhere mein sath shod deta hai, par main hamesha saath rahungi."

The emotions she had suppressed are now flooding out, and she seems unable to contain them. While holding her head, Haseena sank into a fetal position and began to mutter, "Hum kabhi aapse baat nahi karenge, chahe kitni bhi takleef ho humein.”

Tu jo nazron ke saamne kal hoga nahi
Tujhko dekhe bin main mar na jaaun kahin
Tu jo nazron ke saamne kal hoga nahi
Tujhko dekhe bin main mar na jaaun kahin
Tujhko bhul jaun kaise
Maane na manaun kaise, tu bata
Roke na ruke naina

Teri ore hai inhe toh rehna
Roke na ruke naina

Kaat’ta hoon lakhon lamhe, kat’te nahi hai
Saaye teri yaadon ke hat’te nahi hai
Kaat’ta hoon lakhon lamhe, kat’te nahi hai
Saaye teri yaadon ke hat’te nahi hai
Sookh gaye hai aansun teri judaai ke
Palkon se phir bhi baadal chhat’te nahi hai
Khudko main hasaun kaise
Maane na manaun kaise, tu bata
Roke na ruke naina
Teri ore hai inhe toh rehna
Roke na ruke naina

Karishma's condition was no different. She was irritated and annoyed all the time but tried to pretend that Haseena's absence was not bothering her. After returning home late one night, Karishma hurried straight to her room without making a sound to freshen up, but she could not find her clothes in the muddled mess of her room. After struggling with the heap of clothes for a while, she eventually found something and wore it as she left the room.

In an irritated tone, Karishma walked down the stairs while murmuring, "Ek chiz is ghar mein jagah pe nahi milti."

As she made her way to the kitchen to get the food, she was disappointed to discover that no food was kept in the oven for her, which aggravated her further as she went towards the fridge to get the food to heat while muttering, "Ye Amma at least ek plate mein rakhti na Galib ki tarah!"