Chapter 46

It was midnight and both of them had a light snack for dinner at the hospital canteen. Afterward, they sat on two benches opposite each other outside the ward. Haseena was engrossed in reading some books, while Karishma was scrolling through her phone while doing her favorite job these days, which was glancing at Haseena in between.

Haseena felt tired after a while and fell into a deep sleep in the same position. She shifted a bit uncomfortable and her head started to droop a bit. Karishma saw the same and ran to help her. As she came and sat beside Haseena, she rested her head on her shoulder. While sleeping, Haseena put her hand in Karishma's arms, made herself comfortable, and settled into sleep. Her face lit up immediately as she sensed the warmth of the known presence for a brief moment. 

Karishma looked at the smile and her eyes were riveted to the person sleeping beside her. Haseena had such a peaceful and innocent look on her face that Karishma got mesmerized and she couldn't take her eyes off her. As soon as she saw her so close, her heart began to race. Trying to control her feelings, she fell asleep while staring at her.

The next day, the commotion in the hospital disturbed Haseena's sleep and she found herself dozing on Karishma's shoulder while tightly holding her. As soon as Haseena opened her eyes, she saw the most beautiful view of the morning. Karishma was sleeping uncomfortably with the support of the wall behind her, just so Haseena could sleep comfortably over her shoulder. Although she tried to pull her hand back quietly without disturbing Karishma’s sleep, it still woke her up and she mumbled, “Kya yaar galib kya kar rahi ho.”

“Sorry humne aapki neend disturb kar di,” Haseena apologized while shifting a bit away from her.

While rubbing her eyes Karishma replied, "Koi baat nahi" and suddenly winced in pain “Ahhhh.” 

Haseena immediately became concerned and asked, “Kya hua, aap thik toh hai na.” 

"I guess I strained my neck slightly," Karishma said while rubbing her neck and closing her eyes out of discomfort and saying, "Shayad vo tum puri raat soyi thi na ek side." Due to awkwardness, she paused before finishing her sentence.

Haseeena, too, was embarrassed, and she fumbled her words, "Sorry woh aankh lag gayi thi."

"Aree koi baat nahi your highness, main aur mera kandha hamesha aapki seva mein hazir hai," replied Karishma in a playful manner.

As Haseena blushed slightly, she uttered only, "Thank you!" 

Suddenly, something clicked in her mind and she jumped up and asked, "Ek min, kya kaha aapne hum puri raat soye?"

Karishma got confused and asked, "Ha kyun kya hua."

“Hum puri raat soye Karishma, matlab hum bina jage soye," said Haseena excitedly while clapping and walking toward Karishma. She held her upper arm enthusiastically while stating, ”Hum puri raat soye.”

"Ha galib kya hua tum thik ho doctor ke paas chale," asked Karishma, somewhat perplexed by her uncertain behavior.

In happiness, Haseena spun her around and said, "Hum aapko bata bhi nahi sakte kitne khush hai hum."

While Karishma wasn't quite sure what was happening, she simply held her and asked quietly, "Dekho yaha dimaag k bhi achhe dr hai chalo chalte hai."

“Ahmaq hai kya aap, kuch bhi bolti hai,” chidded Haseena and continued, “Jane dijiye aap nahi samajh sakti.”

“Aab tum mujhe bataogi nahi exactly kya hua hai to kaise samajh aayega mujhe,” replied Karishma innocently looking at her.

Haseena realized and thought that this wasn't the right time or place to discuss it. She said, "Kuch nahi, chaliye Pushpee ko dekhte hai," and started walking towards her room, while Karishma just shrugged and without forcing her, stepped behind her.