Chapter Fifty Five

"I will knock your ass out." You glare while gripping the extended hand tight, you were instantly pulled to your feet.

"Is that anyway to thank your savior?" Gray cocked his head to the side.

"I was doing just fine on my own."

"Oh yeah-" Gray hums, "-you looked like you had the situation completely under control." His mocking tone irritated your blood pressure.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I think the right words are: Thank you Gray, for saving my ass-"

"Why are you here Gray?" You repeated, louder this time, eyes darting over to Atsumi who laid unmoving.

"How about you explain why I didn't get an invention to the party!?" Gray countered, Toru snuck out from behind the counter just then, creeping over to you. "Who the hell are you?" Gray locked onto the moving figure.

"I-I-I-"

"A U.A. student." You flatly replied.

"U.A. students walk around naked now?" Gray raised an eyebrow, "I mean I'm not complaining but..." Toru madly blushed, tightly hugging your jacket closer to her body.

"It's...." You sighed, rubbing your head. "...it's a long story." You pulled your hand back, dried blood flaked onto your gloves.

"Knowing you're in it-" Gray rolled his eyes, unzipping his jacket. "-I'm sure it's riveting, but you need to have your jacket on, you're still a target to these morons running around outside, place was crawling with them when I got here."

"Um..." Toru eyed Grays' jacket, he offered it to her, waiting for Toru to remove and return your jacket. "...can't she-she wear yours-?"

"Our jackets are designed to fit our bodies-" Gray explains, "-mine won't work as good on her if she was to get shot, now shut up and switch."

"Bu-But-"

"Oh please-" Gray rolled his eyes. "-you don't have anything I haven't already seen."

"I-I mean-"

"You're not my type, honey -" Gray shook the jacket. "-I like a girl who can bite back, now come on, I'll turn around but you're going to give (y/n) her jacket, it could save her life, are you really going to fight me on this?"

"N-No..."

"Good girl." Gray nods, handing off the jacket while turning, but noticing the mad blush taking over Torus' face. "I didn't peg you the type to have a praise kink."

"I-I don't-!" Toru's voice hitched while switching jackets.

"Mhm." Gray smirked, standing in his plain black shirt. His back to the two of you gave Toru the opportunity to observe the way his shirt outlines his toned muscles-

"How can you stand there-" Atsumi coughed, lifting herself on shaking arms. "-having a full conversation with a villain just feet from you?"

"Villain-?" Gray blinks looking around, "-where?"

"Cocky bastard-" Atsumi sneers.

"Mm-" Gray hums, a full smirk resting on his masked lips. "-that was my nickname in jail."

"I-I'm going to kill you all." Atsumi declares, baring her teeth.

"You know-" Gray clicked his tongue. "-you kinda of remind me of my fiancée when she throws her tantrum, you just need a good slap on the ass, and you'll be fine."

"Fiancée?" You turned, lips parting, the sudden shock reflected in your eyes.

"Surprise." Gray weakly shook his hands in midair. "I'm getting married!"