Chapter Twenty One

Aizawa pushed everyone through the door and down the staircase, head hurting from the constant bickering he was ready to wrap up tonight. If the three heroes who this party was for didn't want to be here, then why force them to do anything else they didn't want to do?

"Do you want to say your goodbyes?" Aizawa questioned, turning to gaze over his shoulder towards Gray, Shiro and you.

"Not really." Gray yawned.

"Why?" All Might who walked beside turned instantly looking onto you. "These people came to support you-"

"If anyone cared enough to ask us-" Shiro cut in, "-we are still in recovery, we're tired and just want to be left alone until we're ready. We have been used as propaganda for years, and that is what this party is tonight. We're not stupid, we know the HPSC put this on just for show."

"Well..." All Might muttered, eyes dropping to the floor. Why did this pressure inside his chest feel all too familiar? All Might had hoped this party you break through some of the armor you wore, but was he once again pushing you to be ok faster than you were ready?

"Aizawa-!" A voice called behind the group, everyone turned to see one of the new first year teachers. "-we need to talk."

"Not now-" He went to wave her off.

"I wasn't asking." She crossed her arms over her chest. Aizawa's eyes flickered to you.

"Give us a minute."

"Are you kidding!?" Gray whined. "I wanna go home and put my kid to bed."

"How are you a father?" Shiro wondered.

"What does that mean!?" Gray bit.

"You're like a giant man child-"

"Say that to my face-!"

"What am I doing!?"

Aizawa and the first-year teacher walked out of ear shot.

"What-"

"I don't know what you did-!" She instantly bit into him, "-to pull strings to get you and your little friends moved to the college level and kick me and my colleagues to the first years but you need to start pulling your own weight. I am done covering for your entitled ass!"

"We are working-"

"I know what you're doing." She stepped closer. "I understand Fives position, it sucks. But we are done staying inside your dorm, watching your kids and covering your classes because you must be tethered to her."

"She-"

"If she doesn't want to be here, then let her go. Hasn't she been compelled enough?" She asked the very question Aizawa did, the lazed teacher pulled a deep breath between his lips.

"Your right." Aizawa admitted. "I'm sorry things have gotten so out of hand. I will be taking over my classes starting Monday."

"Thank you." The young teacher stiffly nodded, before sighing. "For what it's worth...I do hope she comes around."

Aizawa nodded, turning on his heel taking his exit leading the group out of the building without being spotted by the inebriated heroes. The group slowly made their way to the parked cars breaking into two person groups on the way.

"Hey-" Hawks lightly smiled looking down at you. "-for what it's worth, I think you should do it."

"It?"

"Get your license back." Hawks clarified.

"I don't want to talk about this." You declared, cutting the conversation short.

"Look-" Hawks touched your shoulder. "-if not for you...then for the people who aren't as lucky as you."

"You would define me as lucky?" You questioned as the two of you stopped walking.

"Five, you have a wild in your eyes that not many people are born with." Hawks laughed, looking off into the grass. "Your...a once in a lifetime type of person...and uh, what I'm getting at is...not a lot of people are like you and don't have the strength to pick themselves up like you did."

"So... I should what...?" You trailed off not understanding.

"All I'm saying is-" Hawks cleared his throat, his heart pounded wildly inside his chest causing him to sweat. "-until you know for sure, why not get your license back and continue hero work? You are a fantastic hero Five-"

You scoffed hearing this.

"-I mean it!" Hawks pressed, "You weren't even trying, and you placed seventh, I can only imagine how much people are going to love you if you actually interact with them."

"I don't like people." You replied with a wave of your hand.

"Even so-" Hawks caught your wrist. "-I know some part of you enjoyed doing good, ridding the world of the same evil that ruined most of your life. Could you just walk away knowing you have the strength to help people?"

"Hey-" Gray nodded over to Aizawa, and All Might who remained patiently waiting for you to walk over to their vehicles. "-you have a plan, right?"

"A plan?" Aizawa turned.

"Yeah-" Gray nodded. "-to bring her back from the edge?"

"Oh my God, you don't." Shiro stood leaning against the car door. "Come on man!"

"What-" All Might looked between the two.

"You can't expect us-" Shiro gestured to him and Gray. "-to be able to do shit, it's up to you."

"Why are you exempt from helping again?" Aizawa crossed his arms.

"You're joking right." Shiro raised an eyebrow. "(y/n) wants nothing to do with either of us. We did our damage, there's no going back, the only reason she is tolerating our presence is because she's being forced too."

"What are you guys talking about?" Hawks voice caused All Might and Shiro to jump, spinning around not having heard you or Hawks walking over.

"Drugs!" Shiro shot his arms up. "I love them!"

"You're an odd one Goat Boy."

"Hey-!" Shiro pointed, "-what did I tell you about calling me that Chicken Boy!?"

"I don't recall-"

"Oh, I bet you'll recall when I pluck off those damn wings-"

"How about we all go home?" Aizawa called over the rambling of Shiro. You didn't reply, just nodded Hawks way and got into the car without another word.

"Come on." Gray pulled on Shiro towards All Might's car as Hawks flew away.

"We have to do something." All Might leaned closer to Aizawa, eyes never leaving your face who stared blankly at the back of the head rest of the passenger seat.

"Yeah-" Aizawa agreed, turning to the blond. "-but what?"