Chapter Forty Eight

The ride in the SUV was silent, Naomasa drove as you sat in-between Bakugo and Kirishima. All Might was beside Midoriya with Aizawa riding shot gun. Naomasa pulled up to the hospital in record time, your group walked through the automatic double doors and was instantly hit with a distinct smell you knew all too well. 

The antiseptic was a little bitter, undertones of artificial fragrance from cleaner. The solarium lighting stung your eyes as you looked around the lobby. 

"Five-?" A familiar voice called, turning your attention to the opening of the gift shop. 

"Mrs. Okino?" A petite woman walked over; you could see the dark bags under her eyes. Her hair loosely tied out of the way; she clung to her purse. 

"Five!" The woman cried, tears pricking the sides of her eyes as she hugged you. 

"Who is that woman?" Midoriya whispered to All Might, Bakugo tense not knowing who this stranger was or why they were touching you!? 

"That-" Aizawa gestured. "-would be GunHead's wife."

"Wife!?" Kirishima and Midoriya gasped, mouths agape. "That guy has a wife-!?" Kirishima's mouth hung open, GunHead had a wife, yet he couldn't get a date, why was life so unfair!? 

"I'm so relieved-" Mrs. Okino breathed, backing away. "-I know you were one of the heroes who were at the hotel, and I couldn't imagine what I would do if something happened to you-" 

"Hey-" You reached out touching her shoulder. 

"-I'm ok."

"I know. I-I just...it's been a long night; I've spoken to so many doctors-" 

"Koji is going to be fine." You reinsured her. "You and I both know he's way to stubborn to do anything else." 

"You're right." She laughed, "I was just about to head into the giftshop get a few snacks and maybe get some flowers, you know how Koji loves them." 

"I do." You nod. 

"Would you join me?" Mrs. Okino questions, "Oh, unless you're here for-" 

"I would love to buy him some flowers." You flash a smile under your mask, glancing over your shoulder, nodding letting them know where you were going. 

"No." Aizawa gripped the back of Bakugo's shirt. 

"Why not?!" He bit, wanting to follow you. 

"Because I said so." 

"Who is Koji?" Kirishima wondered, turning to Midoriya who shrugged. 

"Koji is GunHead's real name." All Might replied, looking in the direction of the gift shop. He knew it was good for you to spend some time with Mrs. Okino, you didn't need a group of six men following you around like lost puppy dogs. 

"Has Koji woken yet?" You wondered, lightly rubbing a flower petal.

"No." Mrs. Okino huffs through her nose. "Doctors say he should make a full recovery, but they are worried since he hasn't woken yet." 

"He always has to be the dramatic one." You smirk, trying to lighten the mood and take the worry off Mrs. Okino's mind. 

"I'm worried Five-" She breathed, fiddling with a bouquet of flowers. "-what if whoever is doing this tries to come finish the job?" 

"That won't happen." You declare. 

"How do you know?" 

"Because I am going to figure out who is doing this and stop them."