Chapter Twenty

"Hey Seven?" President Mic reached out when Shiro turned to walk away.

"Yeah?"

"What-What was it like?" President Mic questioned, Aizawa smacked him in the back of the head.

"Ow!" President Mic hopped, "Why did you hit me!?"

"You asked a stupid question."

"I did not!"

"That isn't something you ask someone." Aizawa glared down causing President Mic to sweat.

"Ah..." Shiro laughed awkwardly, "...well it was like..." Shiro struggled to put words to the past.

"You don't have to-"

"It's not like every detail hasn't been drilled out of us." Shiro shrugged.

"So, it was like..." President Mic drew on earning another glare from Aizawa.

"It was like all three of us were drowning-" Shiro eyes darkened as they fell to the floor. "-and none of us knew how to save each other. But there was this understanding that we were all drowning together."

"If that's true..." President Mic muttered. "...why did you leave her?"

"Not a day goes by that I don't regret that choice-" Shiro plopped his paper plate down. "-I picked up the phone I can't tell you how many times, but I never got past the dial tone. Gray and I...we tried to apologize after Shooter grabbed us...but the damage was already done."

"You left her." Aizawa stepped forward. "Did you expect her too just forgive-"

"I was a victim too." Shiro countered. "All three of us were, or have you forgotten that?"

"You just-"

"If you are going to attack me for my mistakes, then what the hell about you?"

"What?"

"Tell me why you and all your little first year buddies switched to teaching the college level?" Shiro accused, "Why have you Aizawa, manipulated the line up to where your entire class for this year is the exact same as when (y/n) went here?"

"H-How did you-?" President Mic panically turned to Aizawa.

"You think I didn't do my homework on you?" Shiro darkly laughed, "I just left her with a bunch of strangers? No, we both checked in on her, but neither of us had the balls to approach her."

"We didn't know-" Aizawa muttered.

"Of course, you didn't." Shiro shook his head, "Have you even asked her what she wants to do?"

"Um-" President Mic blinked, "-ask her about...?"

"(y/n) got thrown on the path of a hero, she didn't pick this life. You're preparing to keep her on it, but have you even stopped and asked her what she wants to do?"

"We-I-Uh-" President Mic and Aizawa turned to each other.

"Shiro-!" Gray called jogging over.

"Not now-" Shiro waved him off, "-we are finally getting somewhere-"

"I can't find (y/n)." Gray stated, Shiro snapped his head to where he last saw you.

"She was right next to you!" Shiro turned to Gray.

"I was watching the stupid clip, when I turned around, she was gone!"

"You had one job-!" Shiro cursed under his breath.

"Maybe if you didn't run off you would have been there to catch her!" Gray countered.

"Wait-" Shiro spun around scanning the room. "-where is the Chicken Boy?"