Chapter Thirty Nine

All Might let out a shaky breath, looking to Mr. Principal who nodded. Aizawa waited on the sidelines for the two of you to join the line of wallflowers. You glanced over Bakugo a few feet ahead of you. Your eyes trailed over the defined contours of his back muscles his shirt did little to hide.

You were about to yawn but were cut short, you jumped back, a blade sliced the air inches from your stomach. Quickly bringing your arm up you knocked one of the clones down, spinning on your heel you took the other two down quickly. Pirouetting a rush of adrenaline coated your weary bones, your eyes glowed as lightning filled your hand, you whipped it across aiming for Ectoplasm and his three clones standing beside him.

"This wasn't the deal." You bite, as he surrounds you with more clones.

"Bakugo was going easy on you." Ectoplasm replies.

"Easy-?" You scoff, "-were we at the same fight?"

"We said no quirks."

"Oh, so that excludes you?" You cocked your head to the side, gesturing to the clones.

"I said that's enough!" Aizawa darkened voice turned your head, surprised to see him standing beside you, eyes glowing red, his scarf wrapped around Ectoplasms wrist.

"He was going easy-"

"He wasn't." All Might came to Bakugo's defense. "If he was going easy on her, you think he would have landed any hits during the fight?"

"This test is a failure-" Ectoplasm retort.

"I don't believe it is." Mr. Principal's reasoning voice carried over the waterfall of displeased comments. "I believe Bakugo and (y/n) held an honest match."

"You can't be serious." Ectoplasm turns to the stout man, "She is slower-"

"You forget-" Mr. Principal points out, "-she isn't in a fighting condition. Her status has been officially grounded. This test was conducted against her doctor's advice-"

"What?" Bakugo and Mina frowned, looking at you who held your famous neutral gaze. Everyone was talking about you like you weren't here, so could you go?

"The only reason she is even standing right now is due to the HPSC and the school board demanding this test be completed before her case can even be looked at by the new officer-"

Bakugo and Mina glanced at one another.

"-and I believe she passed."

"She hasn't done enough-"

"Then get on the news-" Midnight crossed her arms. "-look at what she has done for hero work and then come to us and say she hasn't done enough."

"She got Crust killed; what's stopping her from getting one of our students-"

"Excuse me?" Your head whipped around so fast you felt the whiplash in your skull. You weren't going to stand by and be insulted. "I didn't get anyone killed."

"It was certainly-"

"I'm sorry-" You raised your hand, "-I wasn't aware you were there that day. If so, why the hell didn't you step in and do something?"

"Five-" Snipe went to stop you.

"No." You shook your head, stepping closer to Ectoplasm eyes glowing with vexation. "I yelled at Crust to get out of that room, but he didn't-"

"You could have saved him."

"How would you know-?" You stepped closer, getting into his face. "-better yet-" You smirk, "-why are you even talking to me?"