Chapter Thirteen

"How's it feel?" Gray wondered, gesturing to his neck.

Your brows furrowed, taking a few moments for it to click, slowly you pulled your hand to your neck. Your chilled fingers slide over the warm surface of your skin. The light sting from the overstimulated flesh pulled your hand away. For years, the collar forced around your neck felt like an anchor, and now, it was almost like a weight had been lifted.

"Weird right?"

"Heard those HPS...whoever the fuck gave you the same offer." Shiro leaned against the windowed wall crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"What did you say to it?" Gray wondered with a nod towards the dirty blond.

"You're joking right-?" Shiro snorted, "-told them to kiss my ass. I'm not interested in hopping from one sadistic fuck with a collar fetish to another one, with the only difference being a fucking badge."

"Well, that's colorful." Gray muttered.

"What did you say to them?" Shiro shot back.

"You really think we got a choice in the matter?" Gray questioned, leaning against the opposite wall.

"What?" Shiro frowned as his brows pulled together, he pushed himself off the wall. "You think Shooter is gonna come back?"

"Well yeah..." Gray licked his lips, "...you don't?"

"Hell no!" Shiro laughed, "He's gone!"

"No-" Gray shook his head, "-he's not."

"Yeah, he is."

"Even if he does try to slither his slimy ass back-" Shiro shook his head, "-we have the heroes on our side this time."

"Yeah-" Gray scoffed, "-because they handled going up against (y/n) so smoothly."

"They got there eventually." Shiro defended.

"Sure." Gray rolled his sore eyes.

"No-" Shiro spoke with his hands, "-this is it for us, we're out. It's our turn for the overly saturated happily ever after."

"Then you're a bigger fool than I thought." You finally spoke, pulling both their eyes onto you as you rose from the bed ignoring the cracks in your face.

"I don't think you should be doing that." Gray pointed as you stood on shaky legs. You wore your cargo pants and plain shirt, turning you searched out your jacket.

"Where did they take our masks?" You questioned, spotting your jacket in the corner of the room.

"No idea." Shiro shrugged. "They took our weapons too." You deeply sighed as a response. You were already on your last remaining mask; Shooter was going to literally kill you when he finds out its missing. You let your jacket drape over your injured arm resting inside the sling.

"We need to leave." You swallowed, still feeling the scratching in the back of your throat, your eyes darted for a pitcher of water but found none.

"Wait-" Shiro stepped into your path, "-hold on now-"

"You know the longer it takes, the worse it'll be for us." You answered,

"Shooters gone!" Shiro stepped an inch, his eyes reflected his deep thirst for freedom.

"I want to leave." You bit matching his sharp glare, neither of you backed down.

"Shooter can't control us anymore!" Shiro pressed, "We don't have the collars on-"

"Have you always been this stupid? You still have your family-" You replied before turning to Gray, "-and your girlfriend and kid he will target."

"But you made that deal with him." Gray pointed out.

"Yeah-" You sourly laughed, "-and to get around that deal he sent me to kill you instead of some back roads thug. It's only a matter of time he sends someone to deliver a message."

"(y/n)-"

"You worked under him just as long as I have-" You cut in; "-you know how he operates."

"We have all of U.A. backing us now, we didn't have that before."

"Shiro has a point." Gray muttered with a shrug of his shoulders.

"They are only interested in the paycheck." You bit harder, "They aren't going to stick their neck out for you."

"About them-" Gray interrupted with the click of his tongue, "-we need to talk, because something isn't adding up about the things you said and how they acted-"

"Yeah!" Shiro eagerly agreed, "They were hell bent on finding you!"

"They were doing it for the fucking paycheck!" You spat, the scars on your heart burned at the reminder. "You're fishing for something that isn't there, stop before you get yourself killed!"

"(y/n)-!"

"We are your back up-!" You cut deeper, "-not them. They will save their own before coming for you. I would know..." You breathed as unwanted puddle of memories you forced into the depths of your mind bubbled to the surface. Memories of sitting in that wooden chair, tied down and tortured for information you didn't have. How hard you begged the heavens for All Might to break apart the sky just for you, his daughter, but nothing ever came.

No one ever came...

Your life isn't worth risking, they'd rather lose their paycheck than come save you.

"(y/n) just listen for a moment-"

"We aren't the type to get the happily ever after-!" You spun around; rage filled your bones. "-we don't get to walk off into the damn sunset, we are the ones who fall through the cracks, and if you truly think Shooter isn't coming, you're a fucking moron!"

"All Might, Aizawa, all of them-" Shiro sputtered, "-they will have our backs, because they were turning over every rock trying to find you when-"

"I don't care." You seethed, eyes glowing with a rage Seven and Three hadn't seen in years. "I don't need them to come and save me, I can save myself. If you want to stay here in some dreamed up Disney land, go for it."

"(y/n)-"

"I want nothing to do with them-" You breathed, pulling your boots on.

"They are good people." Gray had to agree.

"-and I want nothing to do with you." You finished, standing up right.

"(y/n) please..."

"I went through hell because of you two. I am done, stay here, follow me, I don't give a fuck, I don't have too anymore."

"But All Might will be here soon-" Shiro blindly replied.

"What part of I don't care don't you get!?" Your eyes were sharpened staring painfully at the two people you have been chained to in the past years.

"Don't you want to see him?" Gray wondered, "I mean it's been a long time since his wedding which we crept on so-"

"I will hate them and you until the day I die." You promised.

"(y/n) don't-" Gray pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against as you moved towards the door.

"Funny-" You turned, "-now it's me who is leaving you."

"(y/n)-" Shiro breathed, seeing the rage in your eyes.

"I don't ever want to see you two again." You realized how true your words were once they left your mouth, as they did the door opened pulling you around to gaze upon Aizawa who stood in the doorway. The U.A. teacher with company behind him looked from you then to the two Bullets standing across the room.