Speak For the Trees

-They are 22.
-Marinette volunteers for an organization called Speak For The Trees. It tries to spread information on climate change and the affect it has on the world.

I just read a lot of fanfics where Damian randomly joins a protest that Marinette organizes.

Damian's POV

There are protestors pouring through the streets of Gotham. Most wear green shirts, proclaiming the hashtag '#SpeakForTheTrees.' I like it.

I decide to join them in marching. I may look out of place with my suit and tie, but I still care about this.

The people push me toward the front, claiming that's where the organizer of the march is. I am not expecting to be faced with the most beautiful shade of blue I have ever seen.

Her eyes shine in the sunlight, entrancing me. "Hello, sir. What can I do for you?" A faint French accent. Beautiful.

"My name is Damian Wayne. I would like to join you in protesting." She nods, smiling. "I'm glad you decided to join. The more the merrier! Some other people will update you on what we're doing and where we're marching."

A few volunteers swarm around me. One has dyed blue bangs, another has a black bob. They tell me that they are marching to the Gotham City Conservatory, where they'll disperse and go home.

A Few Hours Earlier...

Marinette's POV

Oh God. I'm so nervous. If nobody comes, this will be a disaster!

Slowly, more and more people show up until we have a crowd of at least five hundred. The planning worked!

We intended to start at Gotham U, marching all the way to the Gotham City Conservatory.

I didn't expect someone to come up to me, asking to join the march. Damian Wayne, I believe. He has the most beautiful shade of green eyes I have ever seen. Perhaps emerald.

Anyway!

I catch a glimpse of him later. He seems happy. I turn away, blushing a deep red color when he catches me staring.

We keep marching, eventually ending up at the Conservatory. Someone starts a chant as we pool into the courtyard. "Save the plants!" Tears drip down my cheeks as I survey the people. A collage of people with numerous skin tones, religions, and clothes carry signs and banners.

I am proud of myself.

A voice sounds from behind me, making my shoulders stiffen. "You did well." I immediately recognize the voice and turn, smiling. "Thank you, Damian," I stick my hand out. "By the way, I don't think that I have introduced myself. My name is Marinette Fu."