Truth or Dare

Damian's POV

I am no coward! Jon, you will not win!

I see a girl with blue-ish hair and clear, bluebell eyes. She looks nervous, but she's wearing the Gotham Academy uniform. Must be a new student. I take a deep breath in and walk over to her.

"Are you hurt?" She looks at me, confused. "Because you look like you fell from Heaven." She gives me a deadly smirk before responding, "Actually, I crawled my way out of Hell." With that, she spins around and walks away, leaving me standing there.

Marinette's POV

That boy in the courtyard was funny. I'm guessing it was a dare, seeing as the boy he walked in with started to laugh when I walked away.

I shake my head, giggling. He certainly seemed shocked. I guess Damian Wayne's never been rebuffed before. Although, from what I've heard, he's normally doing the rebuffing.

I walk into my first class, Advanced Mathematics. I ask the teacher where to sit, and take my seat. Damian walks in. Seemingly absorbed in his thoughts, he takes the seat next to me.

He's my seat partner? Oh, this is going to be good.

Eventually, I decide to greet him. I tap him on the shoulder. When he turns to me, I say, "Hello! I don't think we've been properly introduced." I give him a smirk at that. "My name is Marinette."

His cheeks flush before his head drops onto the desk. "I want this day to end already." He mumbles. I burst out laughing.

Through my giggles, I manage to choke out, "Don't worry, Damian Wayne. I won't tell anyone about your failed flirting attempt in the courtyard. Although, was it a dare?" He nods, surprised that I'm not going to tell the tabloids.

"Ah, in that case, we're cool. Hey, can I see your schedule?" He nods and brings the paper out of his backpack. I pull mine over and gasp. "We have all the same classes!" He gives me a small smile.

Later That Day...

Marinette's POV

We're in history class, or our last class of the day, when the teacher announced that we're having an oral report on the U.S. government and our opinions on recently elected officials.

"These are the partners. Jessica and Justin....." Eventually, she calls my name. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Damian Wayne. Again, please work on this after school. The whole point is for you to get to know the person you're partners with."

I turn to him. "Should we meet today?" He nods. "My house. I'll pick you up at the main entrance." The bell rings, and I start to pack up my things. "I'll see you there!" I call over my shoulder.