Underground Fighter AU

-They are 17.
-Ladybug has been fighting at The Pit for three years.
-Hawkmoth is a drug dealer.
-When 'akumatized,' you fall into a violent rage that you don't remember when it's over.

Damian's POV

I'm at The Pit, a dusty old warehouse turned illegal fighting ring. Suddenly, the lights dim and spotlights turn on, pointing toward the mats in the center of the room.

An announcer's voice crows, "And now, for the fight of the century! Are. You. Ready?" The audience cheers as a short girl wearing a red cropped hoodie, black cargo pants, and a red mask hops into the ring. A tall man wearing a silver tank top and violet sweatpants follows her.

The announcer says, "May the fight begin!" They walk in circles around each other, guards up. The man, impatient, charges her. She easily steps aside, evading him. He charges her again. She does a roundhouse kick to his ribs. He falls to the ground. She straddles his waist, landing blows until he goes limp. The crowd begins clapping and cheering as the referee lifts her fist, declaring her the winner.

"Ladybug wins!" The crowd whistles and yells for her as the Miraculous belt is handed to her. She turns, smiling at her victory. We make eye contact, her beautiful eyes keeping me in place. She turns and jumps out of the ring, disappearing into the crowd.

Later That Week...

Marinette's POV

I'm late!

My stupid alarm clock didn't go off, and since I don't have anyone to wake me up...I tug on a sweater and jeans, hopping onto my motorcycle and revving it up to go to school. I arrive thirty minutes late, adjusting my fake boxy black glasses that sit on my nose. I pretend to be a nerd in school so that my enemies don't suspect me.

I'm short, so I can't be a threat.

I open my locker, hoping none of my bullies put glitter in it or something. Nothing's in there, so I take my gun out of my backpack to place in my waistband. I hear a quick intake of breath, forgetting that I might not be the only one in this hallway. I spin around, pointing the gun at the person. Damian Wayne, resident 'bad boy.'

The popular girls clamor for his attention. I guess I can see why. Jade green eyes, defined jaw and leather jacket, he's the definition of bad boy. I lower my gun before standing up, walking closer to him until my nose almost touches his.

"You can't tell anyone about this, Wayne. People's lives depend on it." He nods. "Tell me why a 'nerd' has that gun, and I will keep it a secret." I sigh. "When and where?" He smirks. "My house. 4 pm. I'll drive you." I shake my head. "I'll take my own motorcycle. I know the address. Later, Wayne." With that, I leave to my classes.

-----------------------TIMESKIP-----------------------

I'm standing outside Damian's house, about to knock, when the front door opens. An elderly gentleman ushers me inside, taking my coat before saying, "I presume you are Miss Marinette." I nod. "Master Damian's room is up the staircase, first door on the right." I set off, but not before thanking the man.

I eventually am at the threshold of Damian's room. He quickly appears, grabbing my arm and pulling me inside as he slams the door.

"So. Take a seat and explain before my imbecile brothers find us." I tilt my head, internally questioning the siblings part, before starting to explain. "My name is Marinette Cheng, but my nickname is Ladybug. At my last fight, I won against Hawkmoth, as you know. He was a big time drug dealer who used to sell to high school kids. My partner, Chat Noir...his father was Hawkmoth. He stopped being Chat Noir because he couldn't deal with that fact."

I sigh. Telling this story takes my energy. "Hawkmoth's connections are at The Pit. By taking the Miraculous Belt from him, he is humiliated. He won't be allowed back there for years." Damian stares at me. "Who are these enemies you fear?"

"Oh! Just Hawkmoth's former Akumas. Lila, Alya, Nino, etc..." We sit in awkward silence before I get up, about to leave.

He says, "Wait. Would you like to stay for dinner?" I smile at him. "I'm not going to stay forever, but sure."