Angel Or Demon?

-The Italics are names of demonic categories.

Marinette's POV

My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and I was chosen to be a demon.

Demons are not like angels. Angels have chosen to be the good in this world. Demons attract other human souls to turn them into demons. It is but a cursed and miserable life for me!

I am a High Demon, meaning I have influenced someone important. I was a demon of the Joker. Insanity was my name. I killed so many people with that monster, so I stopped being a demon in functionality to repent.

I turned into a loner.

Since demons exist on vileness and bad deeds, I am extremely weak in body. My physical manifestation is dying.

I decide to sneak up to Heaven to grab some of their medicine before returning to Hell. I disguise my devil horns, replacing them with an illusion of a halo. My scaly black and red wings disappear, soft white feathers in their place. My revealing corset and miniskirt are turned into a white hoodie with gray jeans.

Perfect.

I managed to find a small tear in the fence separating our worlds a long time ago, and now I slip through it.

Suddenly, light and color overwhelm me. The skyscrapers of Angel City seem to stretch to the top of the endless blue sky, colored a light gold. People who look like models stroll casually in the street, carrying shopping bags or simply...talking.

In Hell, beggars cover the streets. Suffering clouds the air in a fog so thick you can barely see where you are going. I sigh, saddened but understanding.

I quickly shake myself out of my stupor before turning to walk down the street. Stares follow me as I try (and fail) to walk casually. I manage to get to a pharmacy and order some simple medicines. I pay with some counterfeit money before exiting the store. Suddenly, I hiss in pain. My illusion is wearing off, exposing my true identity!

Angels scream in terror, running away and yelling ridiculous things like, "Demon attack!" and, "Oh noo!" Lady, I just bought medicine because I am sick. I am holding it!

I take off into the sky. Hopefully, I can make it to the tear and back to Hell before the Angel Inquisition hears of this. "Stop in the name of the Supreme Leader!" Or maybe not.

I beat my wings harder, pulling myself up in the air to buy some time. I rip open the box, pouring the mixture down my throat. I immediately feel the rejuvenation effect on my powers.

Huh. Angel medicine works better on me than Demon medicine.

Suddenly, the Inquisition surrounds me. Their blinding white and silver armor glints in the sunlight, and I move to hover over a cloud. Because I am a High Demon, my powers much surpass regular Demons. I can accidentally hurt them badly.

One raises his sword, the tip pointing threateningly towards my throat. His jade green eyes seem to turn me inside out, and his voice is hard as steel. "Surrender. You have no hope of survival if you do not, Demon." I crack my knuckles, chuckling instead of cowering in fear. I turn on my Sight, watching as their auras turn orange in confusion.

I slam my palms together, sending the blast of magical energy gathering inside of my core out of my body and into theirs. It knocks them back several meters. I let out an evil cackle, giving them a deadly smirk. "Let the battle begin!"