Show-and-Tell

They are 17.

Damian's POV

I want to tell Jamila.

It's time that I opened up to her completely. She deserves to know about my past, so she can decide if I'm truly worth it to her. She doesn't know about me being Robin either, so I am planning to reveal that as well.

Mother does not control me anymore.

Besides, Jamila can hold her own against anyone. She has even beat me in a sparring match.

I have decided to leave work early for tonight, so I grab my things and bid goodbye to my secretary (in the way of a formal, curt nod). She acknowledges me before turning back to her computer.

I walk out the door and to the Wayne Enterprises garage, where my car is waiting. I haphazardly toss my briefcase into the back seat before starting the engine. I take off down the road, wanting to see my Jamila, my Habibti.

I get home to our apartment complex. I grab my briefcase from the back and stroll casually into the lobby. I climb the stairs and open the door to our apartment. "Habibti!" I am worried. She has not answered my call.

I decide to check Habibti's designing room, but she's not there. "Habibti? Habibti!" What if she was kidnapped? What happened?

Suddenly, I hear a crashing noise in the living room. I rush outside the room. A young woman wearing a black and red print suit stumbles towards me, holding a hand to her bleeding side.

Her voice is like steel, yet panicked. "Hey, Dami. We don't have much time. I will explain later. We can't go to the hospital-they will ask questions." A beeping noise comes from her earrings. "Shit. Okay. Umm, the bleeding will be much worse when I detransform."

Glowing pink lights surround Habibti. She collapses towards the floor, and I catch her. She's now in her normal clothes. This must be the 'detransformation' she was talking about.

I end up getting the first-aid kit and bandaging her up. I trust that I bandaged her correctly, as I've done it many times for myself and the imbeciles.

Now I must acknowledge a new truth-Habibti is a superheroine.