Harley's Daughter

My dyed red and blue pigtails swing back and forth, my short ladybug dress swishing around my thighs as I walk out of the airport, my suitcase trailing behind me.

I am the daughter of Harley Quinn.

When I was ten years old, Ma decided to give me to the authorities to protect me from my stepdad, Joker. He was on a rampage against Ma because he discovered her communications with Batman.

Now she has my new stepmom, Poison Ivy. I like her a lot more than Joker. She stopped her villainous activity awhile ago, and even helped Ma out too!

Back to my story.

CPS took me to Paris to protect me, allowing me to keep contact with her while I was put in the foster system. After I lived with multiple abusive families, one was 'kind' enough to adopt me. The Dupain-Chengs.

After about eight years of living peacefully, Lila transferred to Francois Dupont Lycée. She made my life hell, lying to my friends, class, and adoptive parents until I emancipated myself. Angry and desperate, I rented an apartment here in Paris with money from being MDC/ NETTIE and applied for the Martha Wayne Scholarship, funded by Bruce Wayne.

The winners live at Wayne Manor for a year while attending Gotham University until they can get enough money for housing. Sweet deal, huh? I even get to see my moms again! When I left, Mom and Ma were just friends.

I won the scholarship and packed my things, making arrangements for my own transfer.

Today is the day I meet the Waynes. Mr. Alfred Pennyworth, their butler/BATler (he he he) is driving me to Wayne Manor.

Honestly, I figured it out before Ma did.

We arrive, and I step out of the car to grab my suitcases from the trunk. Mr. Pennyworth offers to take one, but I decline knowing that the Miraculous Box is in it.

I packed a duffel bag, a suitcase, and a backpack. I think that Mr. Pennyworth was pretty shocked at seeing that's all I brought, but that's all I really had in my tiny apartment.

Ma doesn't know that I'm back in Gotham. I wanted it to be a surprise. None of the Waynes know of my true history, as we had it scrubbed from my file to protect me from Joker.

Now, for an incredibly awkward dinner!

I drag my suitcase up to the Manor doors. Mr. Pennyworth opens the door and gestures me in, closing it behind me. I gasp in awe. I can already feel my fingers itching with ideas for designs. The chandelier! The curved, swirly designs on the stair banisters! The paintings that line the walls! Everything in here is pure inspiration juice.

Suddenly, two boys skid into the room. One holds a katana and is around my age, yelling in Arabic about decapitation. He's armed to the teeth! There are daggers on his thighs and up his sleeves. The other, slightly taller and more muscular, just grins a shit-eating grin before taking off again. He has a few guns on him, but not enough to be a threat.

From what I know about the Waynes, one is Damian Wayne Al-Ghul and the other is Jason Todd-Wayne. I know all about their deaths, it's in their aura. I shout in Arabic, "يا! أنا هنا ، كما تعلم."* The boy with the sword turns to me before staring at Mr. Pennyworth.

"Is she another sister?" I burst out laughing. "No. I am not your new sister, Mr. Wayne. Frankly I'm concerned that every time a person with black hair and blue eyes arrives here, you assume they have been adopted. I have won the Martha Wayne Scholarship and need to talk to your father." He nods, accepting the answer, but I can still see his tense stance.

He chooses to lead me to Bruce Wayne instead of asking Mr. Pennyworth do to it. We walk in silence, but he eventually stops in front of a wooden door. "Here is Father's office. He turns to leave but I instead grab his sleeve, trying to avoid touching him. "Thank you, Damian." He silently bows his head in acknowledgement. "You are welcome, miss."

*Hey! I'm right here, you know.