Cinderella

-Marinette was taken to a distant relative after her parents died.
-Her parents were extremely wealthy.
-Pretend that Damian went to Gotham when he turned fourteen.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng sang, twirling around as her patched and dirty dress floated out behind her. Her thirteen year old body was lithe and strong, built like a ballerina with ten times the grace.

She continued to dance, twirling the mop and bucket with her. Some water spilled, so she scrubbed the floor with the mop.

Her cousins (Chloe and Zoe) stood in the background, sad that they couldn't join her. Lady Audrey said that they could not play together, as Marinette had chores to do.

The cousins were as close as could be, united against their caretaker. The three girls loved each other as blood sisters.

Lady Audrey could be cruel. Often, she picked favorites, trying to turn them against one another.

Suddenly, Lady Audrey appeared in the doorway. "Marinette, to me. Daughters, continue playing." Marinette dutifully abandoned her mopping, following Lady Audrey out of the room. She turned to Marinette.

Lady Audrey sneered. "I don't expect you to understand this, as you are too stupid. You are to be Promised to Gabriel Agreste."

Gabriel Agreste was an ugly old alcoholic with as many wives as he had years alive. No one wanted to be Promised to him other than the poor and desperate, which was clearly not them.

Marinette looked as if she wanted to scream, but only nodded. "Yes, mistress. I understand." Lady Audrey smirked, proud of herself for forcing Marinette to be so obedient.

A Few Days Later...

Marinette wore a beautiful white dress as she stepped into the carriage. Today was the day she was to be Promised.

Suddenly, an explosion rang out in the courtyard. Marinette jumped out of the carriage and ran as men and women dressed in black appeared. They advanced towards the estate.

One grabbed Marinette, taking her back to the helicopter and sticking a needle in her neck to sedate her. The helicopter took off, blades chopping the air.

Marinette woke up bound to her chair. She tossed her head, flicking hair from her face and looked up. There, standing in front of her, was a woman. Her face was sharp and her body was thin as a blade. Fierce green eyes seemed to stare into Marinette's soul.

Marinette's POV

"My name is Talia Al Ghul, child. I am part of the League of Assassins. You are to be betrothed to our heir. You were chosen because of your League lineage and obvious compatibility with magic." I am shocked.

"Really, Ms. Al Ghul? I didn't know about any of that!" Talia shakes her head, sighing.

"Yes, child. You are to meet the heir today. He is your age." I smile before pulling off the ropes that are supposed to be binding my hands and standing up.

She stares at me, shocked. I glare at her. "Just because I am not male does not mean I do not know things. I have been subject to several kidnapping attempts." Talia nods, understanding.

She leads me to a bedroom. Judging by the bedroll, closet of armor and clothes, and the small amount of trinkets on the dresser, one of a child my age.

"This is to be your quarters with my son." She exits the room and comes back a little later, a boy behind her. He wears black armor. Soon, Talia leaves again, stating she has 'League business' to take care of.

He walks up to me and holds out his hand for a handshake. "Hello, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I am Damian Al Ghul, the Demon Heir."

I nod, shaking his hand. "Hello, Demon Heir. I am Marinette, your apparent betrothed." He sighs.

"I apologize for that part. Now you must learn the violent ways of the League." I shake my head, putting my hand on the Demon's shoulder.

"It is not your fault, Demon. Besides, I was already pretty violent back home." I think back to all the times I kicked my nannies and people taking care of me.

There is a few moments of awkward silence, before he speaks again. "Well then! Time for you to learn the ways of the League. Come, disciple." I laugh at his attempt at a joke and follow him into his closet (which doubles as a full weapon armory).