Clients

-They are 17.
-Marinette moved to Gotham when she was 16.

Marinette's POV

Damian Wayne, the son of billionaire Bruce Wayne, is my client for my first fashion piece here in Gotham. I moved here after my parents disowned me.

The theme of the gala is nature, so I'm making him a black suit with gold embroidery. There will be a spiderweb, vines, and a small robin (like the hero).

Today is his first fitting, and I have allowed him to bring any guests he wants.

I gather all of my materials, setting them on a desk in the corner of my fitting room. It's time to go to the lobby!

I walk downstairs, pushing open the door and calling Damian. "Damian Wayne?" Four men stand up and walk towards me. "Excuse me, but which one if you is actually Damian?" Surprise takes over their faces before the tallest is shoved to the front of the group.

I hold out my hand to shake, making sure to keep my voice steady and professional. He takes it cautiously. "Hello. My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, better known as MDC. I will be your designer today."

Two of them squeal out, "You're actually MDC? I thought that we were meeting an assistant!" I shake my head. "No. I don't have an assistant. I take all measurements myself."

I turn, leading them upstairs. The room is big. Mirrors line the walls and chairs for guests are off to the side.

There is a raised dais in the center of the room for the clients. I look over to him. "You need to take off all of your clothes, besides your underwear. I'm taking your measurements." He looks offended, but takes a glance at my stone-cold stern face and caves. Clothes drop on the floor and he moves to the dais, holding his arms to his side awkwardly.

Damian's POV

The not-harlot fashion designer called MDC barely blinks at the scars covering my body, courtesy of the League. I am surprised at that, but do not show it. She adjusts my posture before measuring all over my body. She goes back to her desk while I put my clothes back on.

The scratching of her pencil on paper is the only sound in the room, besides Todd, Drake, and Grayson's chattering.

She seems to do a few mental calculations, because she heaves a frustrated sigh and mutters to herself. Something about needing more fabric. She glances up, surprised to see us still here, and flicks a hand haphazardly. "Oh, sorry! Damian, you are dismissed."

I am confused. No blushing, tripping, ploys to get our attention? It is nice, and also suspicious.

I decide to question her. "Excuse me, Miss MDC?" Her head goes up. "Yes, Damian?"

I take a deep breath, deciding to go for the question. "Are you attracted to the female sex?" She blinks in surprise, before laughing. "No, Damian. I am not attracted to women. You are attractive and rich, but I want more from a partner than that."

Marinette Dupain-Cheng has proven to be very interesting indeed.