Dancing

-They are 24.
-Marinette knows who Damian Wayne is, but doesn't care.

Damian's POV

I watch as a young woman around my age waltzes gracefully around the rooftop. My feet take me closer and closer to her, before she does another twirl and we collide. Even before me, she's up off the ground and in a fighting stance. She recognizes me as Robin, and sighs in relief at the realization that I am not a villain.

"Why are you here, Robin?" She asks.

Marinette's POV

The traffic light boy who has died before coughs awkwardly and mumbles, "I was watching you dance." I raise an eyebrow as he blushes, before bursting out laughing. "Oh birdie, it's okay!" I giggle. "I had stalkerish tendencies too when I had a crush on someone."

He chokes on his spit as I laugh. "Wha-no! I do not have-" I smile. "Relax, I'm just messing with ya! Loosen up!" He still looks flustered.

"Chill, birdie. Do you want to dance with me?" He nods, seemingly in a daze. I put one of his hands on my waist and the other clasps mine. My free hand goes to his neck.

I softly hum a tune as we dance. The full moon illuminates us, and we lean in. Suddenly, I hear the crackle of static and voices erupt from his comm. I smile sadly, stepping back. "Go. I will be here waiting if you wish to return, Robin." He nods, before turning to run on the rooftops toward the threat.

A Few Days Later...

Robin never visited me.

Anyway, the coffee shop that I work at, Crazy Bat's Coffee, is almost empty. I'm so bored! A young man around my age named Damian Wayne ends up at the front of the non-existent line. He seems familiar for some reason.

I take his order and start to make it while the next barista takes my place. I decide to start a conversation with him. "Hey, sir! Who's your favorite Gotham hero?"

He gives me a strange look, before reluctantly saying, "Robin." I smirk. "So you're a fan of birdie, huh?" He chokes.

Wait a minute...HEY! He has the same death aura as Robin!

I whisper to him, "You owe me an explanation. My rooftop, midnight." He tries to stammer out an 'I don't know what you're talking about, hehehe,' but I just raise an eyebrow.

"Fine." He groans. I pat his arm comfortingly. "At least you didn't have your identity figured out by a civilian." I wink at him before turning to my next customer.

-----------------------TIMESKIP-----------------------

Robin's POV

I don't know how this woman figured out my identity so fast, but I need to figure it out before Father learns of it. I turn off my comm and jump onto Marinette's rooftop a few minutes early.  She opens the door at the corner of the roof at exactly midnight, carrying a strange Chinese box. She turns in my direction.

"You may come out, Traffic Light Boy." I scowl and emerge from the shadows. "Explain so I can leave." She raises an eyebrow, placing a hand over her heart dramatically. "How dare you! To think I actually liked you!" I sigh.

Her face turns serious. "I need to know that I can trust you, Wayne. What I'm about to show you can destroy and create universes with its magic. It created ours. I'm also the only one with enough experience and expertise to properly be the Guardian of these magical objects."

I nod. She sighs, saying, "Don't make me regret this, birdie." She places a palm over the tops of the box, and it glows with pink light before opening. She opens hidden drawers and takes out the boxes within, placing on pieces of jewelry.

Suddenly multicolored floating animals appear in the air. She must see my shocked face, because she starts laughing. "These are Kwamis. They are what make these jewels so powerful. Each Kwami represents an aspect of human life or philosophy, like creation and destruction." I nod, understanding so far.

"They can transform me into a nearly indestructible superheroine. I am a true holder to all of the Miraculous, but am most affiliated with the Miraculous of Creation. When transformed, I was known as Ladybug, a heroine of Paris. My team recently defeated the main villain, which is why I could move to Gotham to start a new life."

Her shoulders sag with the weight of her responsibility. "The reason I could sense who you are, Damian Wayne, is because I can see that you died and were brought to life with a magical substance. I need to destroy that substance, as it causes imbalance in the universe." I nod.

"The Lazarus Pits do need to be destroyed." She looks at me, shocked. "You were of the League and managed to escape?" I shake my head. "Not quite escape. Talia, my mother, keeps tabs on me at all times." She stares at me, shocked before shaking her head hard. "Anyway, I thought the Pits were destroyed! Tikki, Plagg, do you have an explanation?"

A small red bug-like creature settles on her shoulder while another cat-like one nests in her hair. A small, squeaky voice is heard. "Perhaps we missed one, Marinette! It is okay, you have enough power to destroy them!" She nods.

"I shall do that later. Anyway, you may tell the rest of the Batfamily about me as long as you can convince your father not to try to remove the Miraculous from my custody. If he tries, my Guardians spirit will take it as a challenge and try to kill him."

I nod solemnly. "My family will not hear of this." She smiles at me brightly, packing her things up, before kissing my cheek. "See you later, Traffic Light Boy!" My face flushes, my ears turning red as I watch her walk to the stairwell. I turn and run all the way home, my face still burning.