Circus AU

1871

Damian's POV

We're at the Miraculous Traveling Circus, as Grayson begged us to go. He had a friend there, and wanted to see if she is still working at the circus. If we see her, we are supposed to bring her to him.

I walk around, enjoying the scent of cotton candy and the sound of children's laughter. Eventually, they announce that the main act is starting. I enter a big circus tent and take a seat on the balcony next to my family.

A spotlight beams around, before settling on a young woman in the crowd. She pulls a mask on. An announcer crows, "And now, for Ladybug! Our star dancer!" She vaults over the crowd's heads and into the ring at the center of the tent. She wears a black and red dress lined with lace, as well as a polka-dot mask.

Ladybug grabs onto a rope in the center, before taking a running start and jumping. The rope swings her over the crowd's heads as they cheer and shout in excitement. Suddenly, she swings toward the balcony, her beautiful bluebell eyes trapping me in their depths. I stare, silently asking myself, "Who is that?" Grayson shouts, "That's her! My friend!" She swings away to twirl over the crowd, doing tricks and dancing in the air.

After the show is over, my imbecile brothers go to the performers' trailers, trying to find her. Finally, we come to one marked 'Ladybug.' Grayson knocks, and a young woman around my age answers the door. She has the same hair and eyes as the woman, but is wearing trousers and a white shirt. Her eyes fill with tears when she sees Grayson.

"Dickie-Bird?" He smiles at her. "Blueberry." They embrace, holding each other tight. Grayson decides to explain.

"This is Marinette, otherwise known as Ladybug. She was just three when my parents were murdered and you adopted me, B, but she already showed much promise. Our circuses were different, but we became friends and wrote each other letters. Somehow we lost contact, but I've been trying to find my little sister ever since." They smile at each other, happiness evident in their eyes.

She turns to me. "Hey! You're the one on the balcony! What's your name?" I am startled. "My name is Damian, ma'am." She laughs. "Don't call me ma'am, we're the same age! Makes me feel old as that guy over there."

She points a thumb in Grayson's direction. He mock glares at her. "And you're tiny as a midget, woman. Don't go around starting battles you won't win."

She sighs, before perking up. "But I know more tricks than you do, Circus Boy." She smiles at us sadly. "I have to go now. Chloe probably needs help with everyone's costume fixing. Love ya, Dickie-Bird." He pulls her into a hug and kisses the top of her head. "Love you too, Blueberry. Until next time." They nod, before separating.

Marinette leaves the trailor area to go find 'Chloe'. We leave as well, Grayson with a sparkle in his eye I have never seen before. That girl is very interesting. I will have to find out more.