Scarlet Luck Café Pt. 2

Marinette's POV

I open the door before they knock, letting Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Robin and Zatanna file into my living room. "Cookies?" I call, disappearing into the kitchen. "Yes, please!" Shout back Red Hood and Red Robin. I grab them, setting a platter onto the coffee table. "Okay, so, let me give you some background information." Batman nods, accepting it, and I start the story. Magic flows from my fingertips, illustrating it as I speak.

Long ago, before mankind, The Universe created the Miraculous gods. They became the rulers of the planet known as Earth, until mankind appeared. Too puny to protect itself properly against itself and predators, The Universe decided to bind the gods to small pieces of jewelry.

Although villains rose up through the centuries, the Miraculous had never faced something quite as perilous as Hawkmoth. Obsessed with healing his wife, he somehow stole two Miraculous and abused their Kwamis, the gods mentioned earlier.

Hawkmoth destroyed Paris daily. The Eiffel Tower has fallen repeatedly. However, Hawkmoth could not get the current Miraculous users to give up the jewelry. So, in response, he took control of people having negative emotions. Even an eight-month-old infant who didn't get his candy was not safe from his reign of terror.

Hold up. Record scratch.

"WHAT?" The Batfamily shouts. Who was despicable enough to mind control a baby? I smile sadly at them before asking, "May I continue the story?" They nod.

I was made Guardian when Hawkmoth cornered my mentor and forced him to give up Guardianship. Eventually, the Parisian heroes defeated Hawkmoth, although not without casualties. Ladybug, one of the heroes, couldn't bring back her teammates, no matter what she tried. All of the other civilians who died came back to life, while she was alone.

------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------

Oh God.

They're dead, and it's my fault. They're not going to hug their sisters and brothers and cry with joy. I'm not going to be able to laugh or tease or hug them. Ever. Again.

I carefully walk over to Nadja Chamack. My ears are ringing and I feel lightheaded, but I keep moving. "Mrs. Chamack?" I tentatively ask. "I would like to make an announcement." Nadja recognizes my seriousness and nods, turning on the camera. It focuses on me, and I start to speak.

"Citizens of Paris. This day is of great joy to me, as well as sorrow. The other heroes died in battle, sacrificing their lives for you. I would like to honor their memory by revealing their identities. Princess Honey was none other than Chloe Bourgeois. Viperion was Luka Couffaine. Pegasus was Max Kanté. Ryuko was Kagami Tsurugi. Chat Noir was Adrien Agreste. Anyone else claiming to be a Miraculous holder is lying, otherwise they would have died." I'm holding back sobs as I keep talking.

"The Miraculous will be taken out of circulation. Permanently. And, hopefully for the last time, Bug Out!" I cry out, pumping my fist in the air before summoning the Miracle Box and putting the Miraculous in their place. All except two. I ask Kaalki to make a portal someplace safe, and I walk through it.
-------------FLASHBACK OVER-------------------

I portaled myself to Gotham, walking through a haze of grief. I bought an apartment, the one we are sitting in currently. All of that happened about a year ago.

The Gotham heroes and magician sit in careful silence, processing. Robin is the first to speak. "You were Ladybug." I nod. He gets up and gives me a hug, comforting me. The rest of the Batfam look shocked. I guess he doesn't do this every day.