Assassin

-Marinette is an assassin for the Gotham Mafia.
-Her name is Nightingale.
-Bruce Wayne is secretly a boss, but covers it up with Wayne Enterprises.

Nightingale's POV

I am a ghost, born of blood and sweat and tears.

My name is Nightingale, formerly Marinette (maybe even Ladybug if you knew me well enough). I died after defeating Hawkmoth in a final battle.

When I woke up after being submerged in the Lazarus Pits (with a white streak in my hair), my time with Tikki and her creation magic allowed me to go through my manic phase extremely fast.

Before being destroyed, each of the Kwamis blessed me with a power from their Miraculous. Thanks to Trixx's illusion magic, I've gotten myself out of plenty of... difficult situations.

I managed to escape the League after training as an assassin there. I moved to Gotham, as none of my friends and family in Paris would be able to remember me.

I started work as a freelance assassin, making a name for myself as the best in Gotham. Plenty of corrupt politicians and businessmen have 'mysteriously disappeared' thanks to me.

Today, my target is being particularly difficult. He woke up, giving me a few bruises before I managed to slit his throat and get out unnoticed.

I have to go tell Mr. Wayne, my client, that his embezzler is dead. As I begin the long journey back to my apartment, I hear a feminine scream.

I may not be Ladybug, but I will always help someone who deserves it.

I jump off the rooftop to an abandoned alley, landing soundlessly. A young woman is cornered against a brick wall, five men surrounding her with guns pressed to her head.

I decide to create an illusion of her, turning her real form invisible. I cover her mouth and throw her over my shoulder, running away as I take down the illusion. The sounds of cursing and gunshots are music to my ears.

Once we are a safe distance away, I set the young lady down on a sidewalk. She stares at me in awe, saying, "Can you take me home?" I nod as she starts to walk, her leading and me making sure nothing happens to her. I take her home and go to the Wayne Enterprises building.

The secretary lets me in when he sees me. I enter Mr. Wayne's office. One of his sons-Damian, I think-is there with him.

I check to make sure that my voice changer and cloth mask is in place before speaking. "The target is taken care of, Mr. Wayne." He nods, giving me a small smile of approval.

Damian's POV

The young assassin is led into my father's office. After it is announced that the embezzler is dead, my father gives him a smile of approval. "I would like you to take my son, Damian, to your next interrogation. He needs to learn how to do it." I, of course, have been doing interrogations since I was five.

Father just needs to make sure that the assassin is trustworthy.

He nods obediently, turning to me. I rise out of my seat and walk out of the room, the footsteps behind me signalling that the assassin follows.

I lead him to the door. The assassin places his hand on the door, but stops when he's about to push it open. He turns to me, speaking through the voice modulator.

"I know that this is a trust exercise. I have never allowed anyone to watch my interrogations, except your mother. Do not question my methods. I am about to reveal my true identity to you, and that is payment enough."

He pulls of his hood and mask. Looking at their true face, I realize that the assassin is actually female. She gives me a glare, seeing my shock, before walking in the door.