MDC Reveal

MDC's POV

I'm wearing a long black ball gown, lacey black opera gloves, and a black half-mask with gold lace glued on top.

The Waynes invited me to sing for one of their galas. I accepted, but with conditions. I invited my class and will do a reveal here (Timothy and Jason seemed overly excited about that. I have not revealed my identity to anyone but my friends).

The lights over the crowd dim and an announcer says, "And now.....For MDC!" The music starts and I walk out on stage from the side, singing.

Are you ready, ha!

It's time for me to take it,
I'm the boss right now,
Not gonna fake it,
Not when you go down,
'Cause this is my game,
And you better come to play

I think of all the times Lila and her sheep pushed me, tripped me, and tore my homework up.

I used to hold my freak back,
Now I'm letting go,
I make my own choice,
B*tch, I run this show,
So leave the lights on,
You can't make me behave

I make eye contact with Lila, seemingly singing to her. The class looks confused.

Uh, huh, huh,
So you say I'm complicated,
That I must be outta my mind,
Well you've had me underrated, rated, rated

I throw a wink at the crowd before spinning around and walking toward the stage curtains, snapping my fingers.

Uh, huh, huh,
What's wrong with being,
What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being confident?

I'm still facing the curtains, but I throw my mask off to the side. The crowd gasps at the clatter it makes.

Uh, huh, huh,
What's wrong with being,
What's wrong with being, what's wrong with being confident?

I turn around, smirking at the class and blowing them a kiss. I say into the microphone, "My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, and I was bullied by a liar for all of my highschool years. My classmates believed her when she promised ways to boost their careers. But I didn't, so she lied about me. Good night, everyone!"

I walk to backstage, where the Waynes stand. "I apologize, Mr. Wayne. These dramatics were not what you signed up for." I notice that one Wayne in particular is still in shock. "Damian  dear, close your mouth. You're catching flies."