34 Vulture

"Vulture, what?" Your father seemed taken aback, eyeing down Sans.

"We thought ya died!" Your friend sat up straighter, his plate lowered down. You glanced back and forth between them, thoroughly confused.

"What's he talking about, dad?"

"It's nothing, songbird. Truthfully I'm wondering the same thing," his eyes narrowed as he spoke.

"Well, honestly you look a bit different, but that could just be the time doing a number on ya. Don't you remember, when we all first left the underground? C'mon, Vulture-"

"It's (Dads name), I don't know how this "Vulture" is but it isn't me," He spoke firmly, his wings puffing up in irritation. "And id appreciate it if you dropped it."

"Heyyyyy! Hey let's all... chill- okay?" You stood up, trying to calm everyone down. "Hey dad, why don't me and sans just go out for a bit. Gives everyone time to- cool off, okay?"

"San-" He seemed put off by the name, but quickly shook it off, turning away. "Fine, I think thats a good idea."

"Okay... cooool..." you stood up, turning to your friend. "Sound alright to you?"

"Ya- ya okay, sure," sans agreed, pulling himself from the couch.

You helped sans out, glancing back to your dad who was in the process of going upstairs, not bothering to look behind him. You frowned but closed and locked the door after putting on your shoes and a jacket.

"So, where we goin?" He asked, walking alongside you.

"Oh- right. Uh. I'm taking you back to your place, can you put in your address?" You duffle around your purse and take out your phone, handing it to him.

"Huh-? Eh, sure," he shrugged. After putting it in, he handed your device back.

"Okay cool, let's go then."

"Do we gotta go now? I don't wanna deal with paps yet," he whined, trudging along.

"Yes. We do. You're still hungover and your brother is probably worried sick!"

"He knows I can take care of... take- care of myself." He sputtered out.

"I'm sure you can, Bones."

You realize it'll take almost an hour or more to get to his place on foot, so the two of you could either get a lift or fly. You're honestly tired but could manage another trip in the air, though, at the same time, Sans has connections to get a vehicle to him at any time.

"Yo, sans?" You ask, getting a small grunt as a reply. "Can you call a car of yours? Or we can get a cab, it'll be quicker."

"Mmmmffffh... alright," he slurred, standing up straighter. He fumbled with his phone for a moment, almost dropping it from his hands as he tried calling someone. You grinned nervously, watching all that happen.

He spoke to someone on the other end for a hot second before hanging up and waving the phone at you.  "I dibd it."

"Okay, cool- let's take a seat, you look like you're about to collapse man." You chuckle, leading him to a park bench. All you need to do now is wait.

—————

Short chapter, I'm really sorry everyone! It has been a LONG time, I'm just getting really caught up in school and travel that I have had no time whatsoever. I promise I haven't  forgotten this book! I just really wanted to get SOMETHING out to you guys after that dirty cliffhanger.

So, again, sorry guys, I promise I'm trying to get content out!