21 Moving

Landing at the front of the hotel, you immediately see your father loading some suitcases into the car. Apparently he picked it up earlier today from the house.

Walking along the sidewalk, you wave at him.

"Hey dad! You have everything out yet?"

"Hello songbird. Almost, some of your stuff is still in the room. Go grab them and I'll sign us out." He responded, a smile on his face.

Nodding and throwing up a double thumbs up, you saunter into the hotel and ride the elevator to your room. Unlocking and entering inside, you immediately feel off. The room was darker and seemed gloomy. Flicking on and off the lights, nothing changed.

You'd sigh and pull out your phone, activating the flashlight. Shining it around the room, you start collecting your stuff. Some regular essentials and your clothes. Stuffing them into a bag, you make one more glance around before heading out.

"Be a real damn shame if they charge us for a power outage.." you'd groan sarcastically, riding down the elevator. Exiting the lift, you'd spot your dad talking with the register lady. They seemed to be finishing up as you moved closer.

"Alright thank you Ma'am!" He chirped, turning around with a wave. He'd then motion you outside.

Placing the room card on the countertop, you'd follow after him. With the sun blaring in your face, you'd make your way to the car. Sliding in and putting your bags on the parallel seat, the both of you talked about whatever came up on the way home. Work, friends, any current projects.

"So, what are you doing now?" He asked, glancing back at you through the mirror.

"Oh! I've already got that all sorted out. I've got this nice job at Grillbys!" You smiled, remembering his stories.

"Wait. You mean Snowdin Grillbys?" Your fathers voice sounded shocked, feathery ears perking up.

"Ya! They reopened up here, around the shopping lane? You know where I'm talking about."

"Oh of course. I'll have to check that out sometimes soon! I didn't even know he reopened.." He thought to himself for sometime. Shrugging, you opened up your phone and scrolling through some random app till the sudden screech of the brakes made you look up.

You immediately felt weird. Seeing your home. Its nothing like a haunted house that people died in or anything. It was normal. Cleansed of the crime that took place. You felt your hands shaking slightly as you went to grab your stuff. Glancing at your dad, you noticed his hands were gripped tightly on the steering wheel. Frowning, you place one of yours on his shoulder, giving him a reassuring squeeze.

Your dad glanced back at you, a small smile playing on his face.

"I'll be okay, songbird. You go ahead."

Nodding, you step out of the car and grab all you can carry from the trunk, which would be one as they are large and you already are holding stuff. You'd lug the box to the door and unlock it, realising the pain it's going to be rearranging everything.

"At least most of our stuff was left here.." You'd mutter, wiping your forehead after bringing everything inside. As you set down the last box, you noticed your father already set up half of the items. "Damn dad, that was quick."

"Well, I'm used to heavier stuff than this." He'd shrug it off, placing some old memorabilia on the shelves. There were 3, maybe 4 large boxes and then your personal items. You weren't allowed to take much with you to the hotel anyway.

Grabbing your stuff, you went upstairs to your room. The master bedroom was only two rooms away. You stared at the door, a hand on your rooms door nob. Taking in a deep breath, you turn away and go into your little sanctuary.

You'd toss your bags onto the bed. The last time you were here, it was fine. Now it was weird. It was different. As you unpacked your stuff onto the bed, you could hear your dad call from the living room.

"Songbird? Come down here!"

Pulling yourself up, you follow the instruction and head down the stairs, hand clutching the rail.

"Ya dad?"

"I made us some food."

You looked around, noticing the couch was set up with blankets and pillows. You'd frown to yourself, wings slouching slightly. He'd follow you line of sight and sigh.

"I just... can't sleep in our room for now. It's too soon."

You look back over to your father. In his hands were a plate of Mac n' cheese and some bowls. He was wearing a plain set of shirt and pants with nice little apron that read 'hug the cutest monster' with a little metaton logo in the corner. You'd walk over and wrap your arms around him. Your dad returns the hug as best he can without dropping anything. Once you both let go, he lets out a small chuckle.

"What was that for?"

"Oh, I dunno." You'd shrug, eyes motioning to the apron. He'd glance down then laugh again.

"This was yours when you were younger, remember?" He'd put down the dishes then ruffle your up hair.

You'd swat away his hands with a smile, taking your seat and portioning some of the food.

It's been almost 3 hours since the meal. You've been in your room, scrolling on your phone for some time. It was getting pretty late now. Groaning, you'd set an alarm to get to work on time tomorrow. After changing and doing your nightly routine, you'd finally get into your bed. A few minutes later, you hear footsteps and your door slowly opening.

Carefully opening one eye, you see the winged silhouette of your father at the doorway. A few seconds of pretending to be asleep later, you hear the door close and steps descending. Exhaling, you finally began drifting off.

After 47 minutes.

—————————
Sorry for the shorter chapter. Wanted to get one out today! Big thanks to
Nettythekitten for voting on the past few chapters!