5 Hunger

3 days later

As you lay in the bed you were given, you think back on the details of the past week. It's been almost 5 days now. They've always found some excuse as to why you can't have visitors. The circus stays in town for only one more week and you won't heal a wing and bullet wound before that.

Headmaster was disappointed and dissatisfied by your lack of show. He understood, which your grateful for, but he could only pay you for the one day you showed. He also said he got a few complaints at your lack in the circus since some came for your appearance. You understood. Hopefully you can get some gigs at night clubs or bars.

When the circus is not in town, you take whatever job is out there for monsters. Singing gigs, table waiting, cashiers. Whatever you can grab onto for some cash. Mom helps out a lot and dad does his best too but it's still hard to get by. Part of your checks go to rent for your parents, since you felt bad even though they were refusing it, food and drink, clothes, that sort of thing. Charities for the less fortunate get some as well.

Taking your mind off of how you'll get money after you're healed, you sit up. The wound in your side still hurts a little and your wing is almost fully healed but it's sore.

Your stomach grumbles as you realise you haven't eaten yet. You pull yourself up and off the bed, looking for the door. You stay close to the wall for support as you limp just a little. Sure you weren't shot in the leg but it still hurts to use your left side too much.

You make it out of the room to see not a hospitals hallway but more of a mansions. Thoughts race through your head. You were actually kidnapped? Is this why mom couldn't ever visit? Who's house is this? God your starving. Is there someone else here?

In the end, the want for food overcame the panic of the place. They did help you so for now you shouldn't be too scared. You hold your side as you start walking against the wall, looking for some sort of kitchen or pantry.

-ALPHYS POV-

I walk towards my patients room with a tray of food. I hope she's hungry, poor thing hasn't eaten in a while.

As I arrive at the door, I carefully open the door with my hands full.

"Hello! I've brought some food-" I walk in to find the girl not in her bed, dropping the platter. "Oh... oh no. Sans is going to kill me!! Oh no oh no... I need to-"

I stop dead after hearing the familiar whoosh and a cold shiver runs down my spine.

"Imma kill ya for... what?" The chilling voice made me flinch as I spin around.

"Uh- uhm- Hiya boss- as you can s-see I was bringing the f-food and well... the g-girl-" I start stammering.

"Spit it OUT, alphys!" He shouts.

"The girl wasn't here once I came with her food!" I finish quickly.

"Oh, great," he said, annoyed. He rubbed his temple with his fingers. "I'll go find her and deal with you later."

I gulped and smiled weakly. I only breathed again once he vanished.

"Ohhh geez..."

-SANS POV-

I teleported away from alphys, obviously Feathers would wanna move 'round but she's probably limpin' cause of the wound. She gotta be close.

I wander round a while before I hear dull footsteps. Like bare feet on tile. Bingo.

Teleporting in front of them, y/n jumps at the sudden sight of me.

"Heya feathers. Whatcha wanderin for?" I give em my old grin, thing is they looked sorta scared. Musta realized this ain't really a hospital like we said. "Before you say anything bout the place I-"

"Food."

"Huh?"

"Food," she said again. "I'm starving."

I blink then burst out laughing. "Pft- that's why youz- heh heh- you wandering?"

"Yes. Why's that so funny?" They straighten up a little.

"Kid, the doc was bringin ya something to eat right before! HAHA-" I wipe away a fake tear. I hear a small 'oh' before cracking up again.

After calming down and a good amount of glaring from her, I stuff my hands in my pockets.

"How bouts I take ya to tha kitchen? Better food there than what the doc was gunna bring ya anyway."

"Sure," she sighs "I'm just hungry.."

I hold out my hand and she takes it. Once I pop into our kitchen (see title card), she stumbles a bit.

"Little warning next time?!" She says, regaining her balance.

"Sorry kiddo. Forgot you're not used to it," I shrug. "Anyway I'll go heat somethin up for ya."

Before I could move I feel her hand on my shoulder. "No, I wanna make something."

"Sure, be my guest. Take whateva ya need." I put my hands up like I'm surrendering. I watch her look through our ingredients, curious on what she'll make. As she works on her dish I decide to make some small talk.

"So whatcha parents do for work?"

"Hm? Oh! My dad works as heavy duty, he's a monster too. He's like me but fully bird-ified. He basically lifts things up and brings them where they need to go. Don't see him to often though because of it." She demonstrates said action by picking up a box like a claw and taking it to the counter. "And my mum works as an engineer. Dunno exactly on what but that's what she told me. Prolly planes or cars or something I dunno.."

She trails off as she focuses on her dish.

"Y'all sound close," I joke.

"No, we are! Dads just busy with work. Mom love me to bits though.." I see her smile, at memories of her mom no doubt. My grin softens a little seeing it (not that she noticed). Then, she looks like she just remembered something.

"Actually. What am I doing here and not at a hospital?" her face turned serious. Guess she finally noticed. I sigh and adjust myself in my chair.

"Imma be honest with ya, feathers. When the shootout happened, I had to get me and my buddies out quick. I consider you a pal of mine with our shared love of horrendous puns," I grin wider but then, seeing her expression, go back to explaining. "I got the registration gal outside the building cuz she wasn't hurt, but you got shot so I grabbed ya and took you with my bro and fish sticks. We had a doctor here so I decided to let you get healed up. Besides it was the only option since I used a large chuck o' energy to teleport four monsters a long way, ya know?"

She seemed to think over the explanation, trying to read my face maybe but I don't really got one so that fell flat. I was tellin tha truth anyhow so nothin to hide.

"But why did the doctor lie about it?" She questioned.

"Counter-question. Why do ya think we got shot at in the first place?" I lean back in my seat and tilt up my fedora.

She stared for a little bit, like putting the pieces in place.

"Your actually mafia members!?" She almost dropped the box she was holding.

"Ye-puh," I popped the p while talking.

"So this is a hideout..." she muttered.

"Ya. Can't really have outsiders knowin bout it's location you know?"

"So... what happened when I'm all better?"

"I'll teleport you back to where the museum was and you'll go home from there." I answer. "Unless ya wanna tell me your address."

"Not telling where I live to a mafia member."

"'Was a joke, 'was a joke," I chuckle with my hands up.

Even though she knew I was a mobster, she didn't seem to act to differently. For sure more cautious, anyone would, but she still saw me as friendly ol' sans, and I honestly hope that won't have to change any time soon.