2 Fallen

-SANS POV- Right after the circus

"So what's the deal?" I ask, leaning back in my chair.

"The Krakens have a plan to off one of our members. Your job is to get to them before they do it. The hit will most likely be here. The victim isn't picking up on any calls." G said, sliding a folder to me with a picture of a rabbit monster and a street view and directions.

"Sure, I'll see what I can do, G." I say with the everlasting grin. I stuff the folder under my arm and stand, teleporting to the said location.

"Oh, what's this?" I hear, did they already see me? There's no way the hits early..

"Heya birdy~" Wait. No this must be wrong. Some thing happened already. "Ya honestly came at a bad time sweetheart.."

I glance past the corner to see a winged girl standing in front of three gangsters. Krakens. The body of our guy slumped down against a dumpster.  The hit happened already, damn it.

"Come quietly doll. Maybe I'll go easy on ya." I heard the lead talk again, she took a step closer.

"Good girl, c'mon," She took a shaky breath in, I was about to step in until I felt a small gust of wind and see her leap from wall to wall and land behind the three krakens.

"GET BACK HERE YOU BITCH!" The first jackass screamed.  All three started to chase her. I huff and run after them taking a glance at our fallen mobster. As I turn the corner I see the others crash an old door and scramble into a building.

I'm about to follow them in before I here a gunshot and the sound of a window crashing, moving out of the way of the falling glass, I glance down at the shards then back up to see the girl on the windowsill with her wings open.

She jumps out of the window and straight up into the air, a few old bricks and dust trailing her before slamming into the ground. The gangsters crowd at the window, aiming the gun up at her. Teleporting behind them, I snap my fingers, a blue light in my eye. Their guns all fly up and towards me, which then clatter on the ground.

"Heya chumps," I grin, shoving my hands into my pockets and rocking onto my heels. "Gotta say... scarin' a nice gal with your toys ain't to nice is it? Nor shootin mah pal back there."

Tipping my fedora back to reveal my full face, I see their eyes widen, causing me to chuckle.

"Yaaa.. didn't think it through to much, eh?" I say, taking a step forward.

"Whatcha gunna do about it, punk?" The leader steps up. "We're the ones with the gu-" he pats his holster to see he does not, in fact, have a gun.

I motion at the guns on the floor. "Mhm."

The leader took a step back. "Look-" I just huff and send a sharped bone into his head. He slowly tilts before collapsing onto his back. I look up again at the other two, one is pressed up against the wall and the other starts trying to clamber out the window. I kick up a gun to my hand with my foot and shoot the first guy and grab the other with my magic.

"Sorry bud. But not really." I take aim and lazily fire through his head. Tossing him behind me and down the stairs. Taking the now free guns and dissolving the bloodied bone, I step over the bodies and walk back out the door.

The old door broke at my step but once I was outside I looked up to see if I could spot the bird. Teleporting up to a nearby roof I scan the area to be met with an unconscious body of the winged girl. Cautiously waking forward, I test her pulse, she's alive.

Glancing up to the general direction of Homebase, I sigh and drag her into the shade. Then, teleporting to get a bottle of water and coming back, I crouch down and place it beside her. 'Feel bad for the poor thing. Being chased by some guys with guns is a pretty traumatic experience.

After picking up the folder and new weaponry, I stand and take one final glance at her before teleporting away.

-Y/N POV-

'I'm so tired... my head hurts so much.'

You rub your forhead with your hand, looking around. The memories start flooding back to you, the alley, the shooting, the chase and the escape. You're sure you landed on the roof like a rag doll, not against the wall? After rubbing some dust out of your eyes you look around. It was a pleasant sunset. Reds, oranges, pinks and yellows blur in the sky. It's very calming if not given your previous situation.

You then notice the water bottle. A sealed, brand new, untouched bottle of water. Thoughts raced through your head, like: 'When did it get there, who brought it, who was even here? If they saw me laying on the ground, why not take me to the hospital?'

You didn't understand but you were thankful nonetheless, any piece of sympathy was deserving of gratitude. You chug down the bottle, not realizing how thirsty you actually were.

After the break, you made your way down the stairs, awkwardly explaining to the staff how you crashed onto their rooftop, they were nice enough to make sure you were okay and helped you out.

You started making your way back to your home with mom and dad. Wincing every so often when your left wing brushed against something due to landing on it.

Once you got home, your mother started worrying over you constantly.

"Where were you?! What happened? Oh are you hurt? Sweetie, are you alright? Do we need to go to the veterinarian or the doctor?" You always found it funny that anything that happens to your wings is checked by a vet and not a doctor, but you were in to much pain to joke about it.

"I got jumped by these three gangsters in an alley... I think I hurt my wing..." you mutter.

"Oh sweetie... c'mon let's get you to the vet," your mom said consolingly as she helped you into the car.

Hours later you wing is bandaged in a cast and you were sent home. You realize this means you can't perform and you fumble your phone to call the headmaster.

*ring* *ring ring* *ch-*

"Hello?" A tired voice answers.

"Headmaster! It's y/n! I'm so sorry but I can't perform tomorrow..." You say carefully.

"What? Why?" He says, now fully awake.

"I got jumped by some gangsters and my wing got injured as I was trying to escape.."

"Oh jeez... alright then, I'll figure something out in your place. Heal quickly." It was more of a command then a 'feel better' sort of thing but your happy he understood. Afterwards you thanked him and hung up, changing into your pjs. You went through your nightly routine and got into bed.

It took you a while to actually fall asleep since you spent your time scrolling through your phone but you fell asleep eventually, so that's what counts.