6 Soul

-Y/N POV-

The fact that this was a mansion and not a hospital owned by literal MAFIA MEMBERS has always been in the back of your head, but they were kind enough to help you for no charge. With any hospital, you'd have to pay thousands for what they've done for you.

After food, both you and sans chatted about life on both sides.

"So, how's you actually get into the circus biz?" Sans questioned.

"Eh, I'm a show girl. I love performing and monsters aren't discriminated as much there. I like to think it's because we're all 'circus freaks'. Ya know?" You answer.

"You consider yourself a freak?" He seemed slightly concerned, his grin faltering.

"Well on the surface we monsters are to humans. But I dunno..." you begin. "I'm sort of accepted since of my mom being human but not a pure monster or human as you can see. I'm the definition of the grey space." You gesture to your human figure followed by your wings expanding.

"Wait. So how about your soul?"

"My soul?"

"Ya, what does it look like? You're a mix so I'm curious." He clarified.

You shrug. "Never learned how to pull it out. Dad never taught me and humans don't know how in general."

Sans' eyes raised, surprised. "Oh! Well then here. Let me show it to ya."

His hand raised up, directed at your chest. You raise an eyebrow, waiting and curious. Sans' eye lit up in a blue flame, it would be intimidating if you didn't know him.

With a gasp, you lurch forward as it feels like a rock was ripped from your chest. But soon, in front of you, was a floating, cartoony, upside down, green heart with a white outline.

"Woah..." your voice was barely a whisper as you reach out for it. The blue glow of sans' magic surrounds it, the warm feeling of it tickles your hand. "It's so pretty..."

You look up at him with a smile that shortly fell after seeing his shock.

"Sans? What's wrong? Is it something with the soul?" You ask, he shortly snapped out of it. Shaking his head, he finally speaks.

"Uh... ya sorry. Not all tha time ya see a coloured monster soul. But I guess it would make sense with your... situation?"

"Oh? I assumed you'd have a blue soul cause of your magic," you confess.

"No-puh," he'd respond, popping the p. "Regula monster soul. Plaaaiin white." Sans drags out the 'plain' as he shows his own soul. A white, upside down heart.

"Huh... that's not what I expec-" as you talk, you stand to get a glass of water, only to yelp and catch yourself on the counter. Your side blazing in pain.

"Oh shit! Forgot about that!" Sans stands up quickly and comes to your aid. "Let's get ya back to the doc..."

The both of you vanish from the kitchen to reappear in you designated room. Alphys was still there, pacing. For the last 30 minutes. She basically shrieked when she heard sans.

"Yo doc. Pains back. Help her." The quick explanation and fierce command left alphys scrambling to set up her equipment.

After a small smile and a pat on the shoulder, Sans vanished. Alphys leads you to the bed and helps you on, taking a sharp breath through your teeth.

After taking some pain killers and laughing gas, your vision darkens and goes black.

*ding