3 Garden

-The next morning-

You got up late that morning, your aching wing shooting pain through you as you sat up. Strands of hair fall over your eyes. After going through the usual morning routine, you set out to go to one of your favourite spots: 'The Echo Hollow.'

It's know for their beautiful blue, glossy flowers that can echo back the last thing they heard! Like a green house but for the public. It has a strict no smoking zone so it's a great get away from the polluted city. As you start your walk, your phone beeps. It's a text from your mum.

'Mumther': Stay safe dear, keep an eye out for any rascals! Come home before 9! ❤️❤️❤️ LOL

You smile at your moms poor use of LOL, you knew she thought it meant 'lots of love' but you didn't mind. You texted back:

'I will mum, love you too!'

You put in your earbuds and turn on some music. You step along to the beat of the song as you walk. Soon enough you reach the Echo Hollow. You speedily walk in and purchase the ticket. To your luck, it's completely empty today, since most people are at work and what-not. Heheh...ehhhh... whatever.

You touch one of the petals of a flower and it starts.

"I can't believe he cheated one me! I'm going to absolutely murder that FU-"

You quickly take your hand off of the flora to stop the echo with a cringe.

"Shit... Lady's got her own problems to sort through.." you say which the said flower the echos back. You chuckle and move on. You love the gossip this building gives, but one of your favourite pastimes here is making small symphonies. Humming or attempting to beatbox to make popular songs or small tunes is always so fun here, especially alone.

You find a group of the glowing flowers with no real meaningful messages (passing jokes or words) and hum quietly into one. A small beat in another. Or a sound effect to that one over there. (Put whatever song you want here.) You press the petals one cue to the song in your mind as you barely whisper the words, shifting from the actual words and just humming time to time. It's FAR too embarrassing to just SING in public.

It fit together quite nicely actually. You set your phone down on a small ledge and press record.

"I'm y/n coming to myself with another flower song!" You whisper to the phone so the flowers don't pick it up. "Today is (song name)."

Standing back up, you start the song again from the beginning. You tap your foot to the beat as you get into it, though making sure you never raise your voice. You smile, feeling accomplished till you hear the door open for more customers. You quickly stop your little tunes and pause your recording.

Whispering little nothings to the flowers to remove the instrumentals, you continue on your route, gazing at the pretty landscape. You glance at the people that came in for a second, seeing three monsters. Two of them were short and rather tall skeletons and the other was a fish like person. The tall skeleton and the fish catching up with the shorter one. They were wearing dark blue striped suits with fedoras. Real mafia looking people. The shorter one glances back at you. You quickly bring your attention back to the flowers in embarrassment. Must be a party or something. Not your business anyway. Stop staring.

-SANS POV-

I trudge alongside Paps and Undyne, who decided to visit the waterfall museum nicely named "the echo hollow". Paps wanted me ta 'get off my lazy bum' and Undyne wanted to see her ol' home, sorta. So here I am. Woopie.

As Paps is payin' for our tickets I go ahead, we're getting in anyway. I hear a soft song playing, 'member hearin it on tha radio at some point.

I see the winged girl who I've been running into. What's with that anyway? I lean against the wall listenin' to the song, bobbing my head with it. It's not so bad for a flower recreation. As Paps and Undyne started ta get close, the girl quickly wrapped it up and removed any evidence she was even there. Even the flowers lost the tunes they were given.

"SANS! Stop going ahead all the time and wait till you get your ticket!" Papyrus started lecturing again, which I just shrug to in response.

"Sorry paps, thought ya already got 'em," I say nonchalantly, small white lie but it don't matter anyway. As we move along the path, I keep glancing around to spot the girl, she was further ahead. I finally lock eyes with her, but she quickly turned back around, prolly' embarrassed. I chuckle slightly, my grin growin' a little.

I mean, time off right? Nothing wrong with a little messing. Teleporting a bit ahead of her, I whisper into the flower:
"Behind you."

I take a step back and snicker a little, then teleport back to the others and wait for the magic to unfold.

-Y/N POV-

As you walk down the rows listening to the chimes and words of the flowers you forget about that little embarrassing event a few moments prior. You came to relax, didn't you?

As your hand touches the petal of yet another flower you stop dead on your tracks.

"Behind you."

You quickly turn your head around to see... no one. You turn back and sigh at your silliness. Just a prank of some passerby. As you get ready to walk on you hear a small whoosh.

"Heya, Feathers."

"AH-!" You nearly jump out of your skin as a sudden voice behind you speaks up.  You turn around swiftly to see the shorter skeleton you locked eyes with.

"Sorry I spooked ya kiddo, ya got some thyme to chat? Don't mean to be a bloomer but I be-leaf you were starin," the skeletons grin only widened with each pun. You stare in disbelief before cracking up in laughter, not too big as it was a few puns but a good laugh nonetheless.

"Sorry sorry—" you start, still giggling a bit. "I liked the puns but I didn't mean to stare bud. I'm vine-y sorry about that."

Now the skeleton was laughing. "Well I'd be dande-lying if we weren't the most interesting bunch ta see, but the two o' us gotta get clover these puns, Feathers," he responded through chuckles.

"Ya, but I gotta say... this made my daisy!" You both laugh at the silliness of the puns. "Also, 'Feathers'?"

"Well ya. You get 'em wings, amiright?" He cocked up an eyebrow or sorts, really just his socket, but still. "Speakin' of, what's with tha cast?"

"Oh that.. nothin really! Just an accident," you scratch the back of your neck, glancing away from the skeleton. "But never mind that, you never told me your name, skele-man."

"Ah right, names Sans. Sans tha Skeleton, or Skele-man, I s'pose," he brought up his hand to shake it, you take it with a smile.

"Y/n! Nice to meet you, Sans."

"I best be gettin back with mah pals. Pleasure meetin ya too, Feathers," he tipped his hat to you.

"Guess that's gunna stick," you chuckle. "But ya, see you around!"

You wave as you turn around for a second, but when you look back down at where he was, Sans was gone.

'Huh, I guess he's just quick,' you think as you turn to enjoy the rest of your visit.

Until a gunshot goes off.