9 Anger

-Warning: Excessive swearing-

The hedges had a cartoony hole shaped the size of the man that interrupted you both. He slowly pulls himself out of the tree, feathers starting to pop up on his face.

"You got some fucking nerve to show up here, C." Sans growled.

'C' started to laugh. "Well, you kinda have somethin of mine." His stare set on you. Glancing from him to Sans, something clicked.

"No.."

He burst out in laughter again. "Heya little sis! Didja miss me?"

"Carters your brother." Sans looked up/down at you, in disbelief.

"Wouldn't say that," you muttered.

You hear his steps on grass and your attention snaps to Carter. He flings himself at both you and Sans. You grab Sans' hand and pull him in the maze, your 'brother' following suit.

As you both sprint sans yells out, "Hey feathers, I think Imma cash in that flight!"

Your wings spread out and you let him onto your back and shoot up into the sky.

The extra weight made you slower but your were always the stronger flier, which is what made you good at your job. Sans cocks back his pistol and aims at Carter.

"So you just always had that on you?!" You yell in surprise.

"Eh, never don't," he'd respond, firing off three bullets which your brother dodges.

"You're really gunna let him shoot me sis?? I'm hurt," he'd pout, still flying after you.

"I sure hope so.." your grumble under your breath. As soon as you utter the words, you hear a yell. But it wasn't from Carter, no. It was from sans.

Your eyes widen to feel sans slip from your back, suddenly flying a lot better without the extra weight.

"Fuck!" You yell, diving down after him.

"Ah Ah Ah! You can't play like that sis!" Carter coos, catching up and taking hold of your wrist. He pulls you back but your eyes remain locked on Sans himself. You only breathe again after you see him safely teleport to the ground.

Turning to look at Carter and seeing a psychopathic grin plastered on his face, you sock him straight in the jaw. He spirals in place, trying to regain his balance.

Once stabilized, he glares up at you. "You little shit! I spend all this time finding you and this is how you repay me?! I'm saving you dumbass!"

"What the FUCK is wrong with you?! That's called stalking and I told you I never wanted to see you again!" You screamed. The two of you never had a good relationship. One of the key reasons being that he was a fucking maniac. He set off really young getting into trouble, gang level trouble. He was already being dodgy at age 13, running drug deals and learning to shoot. By the time he was 18, he was long gone from home. Becoming a professional hitman or something. You honestly hated him for all the trauma he cause you, forcing your family to hide at certain points because of a rival gang!

"It's been almost a DECADE since I saw you and all your fat ass has done is being nothing but problems for mum and dad! To hell with your 'redemption arch'!"

"I don't give a shit what you think y/n! You're also hanging with some mafia fucks! You can't bitch about me, you hypocrite! Now c'mon and make this easy." He yelled back, venom in his words. You hear two shots ring out. Looking down, you find papyrus and sans with readied guns. The bullets met their marks in Carters wing and shoulder.

He yelled out in pain, loosing altitude fast. Against your better judgment, you catch him before he breaks his spine on the ground, but dropped him high enough to knock the wind out of him. His blood made an unwanted crimson contrast in the soft green grass, but his still threaded and squirmed in papyruses grasp.

"Just come back with me y/n! It'll be easier in the long run!" It seemed to be a command, laced with violence and venom.

"Fuck you, Carter," you scowl at him, crossing your arms and stepping away from him. His swearing and yelling fades as a rag is shoved in his mouth and he was carried away.

"Are you ok, feathers?" Sans stashed away his firearm, dusting himself off. You still were rather shaken by the whole ordeal.

"It was just so sudden.. how's he find this place, or me? Why is he back now? And last I heard, he was real good with any weapon so how was he so easy to stop? It makes no sense..." you start to ramble a little. You stop when you feel a hand on your shoulder, glancing back to him.

"Listen, I don't know either, feathers, but paps is great at his work. He'll get answers out of him fur sure. Paps knows when someone's dande-lying too, so it'll be a piece of cake," he'd grin at the common pun but it cheered you up anyway. "Sorry that this little spot was ruined by that anyhow... but I also thin' it's about time ya go."

"Why do you mean?" You were a bit nervous, why so sudden, was he already tired of you? Are you just annoying to deal with??

"Well you're all healed up now, and staying here any longer would put ya in more danger so I don' want you getting hurt even more cuz a' us. Plus, your mums worried sick 'bout ya."

"Oh. Oh! Ya you're probably right... on all points. I might be able to make the last two days of performances too..." you muttered the last sentence to yourself. Calculating the days left of the circus.

"If it makes ya feel better, I'll come on your last show days," he says with his normal grin.

"Ya.. ya I'd like that," you'd smile back.

-Time skip-

On the car ride to your neighborhood, which you insisted on since you didn't want sans to use any more energy on you than he already has, you both chatted and joked. Carter was always in the back of your head though.

"So..." you begin, "What will you actually do with Carter?"

"Probably hold 'em for a bit, haven't been able to catch him so easily before. Ya don't wanna be caught up with so quickly by him do ya?"

"Alright... just bit worried of him," you admit, rubbing the back of your neck.

"Don't worry kid, we'll keep a tight leash on him for ya," he said, a bit sympathetically too.

"Thanks, Sans," you say. Soon the car turned into the gated neighborhood. You get out with your small bag, giving him a small wave you turn to go into your home. He waved back at you as the tinted black window rolls up and the car drives off.

Taking in a deep breath, you step towards your door and knock on it. You hear scrambling and the door is almost ripped open.

"Y/N!" Your mom yells out, tackling you in a big hug. "Oh you had me so worried sweetie..."