24 Shootout

Shots ring out. Disturbing the tranquility of the park with led. Small holes form in the bushes around you as Sans pulled you down behind the bench. Feeble cover but your only option. What looked like a gang was firing at the two of you, may 15 feet behind the bench.

That's why he was nervous. He sensed them. As your breathing picked up into hyperventilation, you noticed him pull out his trusty pistol.

"Like I said," he began, the lights in his eyes vanishing and grin widening. " 'I never don't'."

He stands up, beginning to shoot at the attackers. His vest flailing with the speed of bullets wizzing by. Your wings scrunch against your back as you cover your ears to hide from the deafening noise. You glance up to see bones floating in the air around sans. His smirk widened ever so slightly as a rain of white impaled the men. A wall of the same bones shielded your form as well, it looks like they've taken some hits that would of certainly gotten you.

You look up at Sans, he was huffing. Breathing heavily as he slowly lowered the gun. He glanced at you then the bodies of the aggressors, the lights returning.

Sans would raise one hand up and motion to the pile of mangled corpses, a few strangers moved to them on his command, carrying them out. You stare at the scene around you.

"Your men were here the entire time..?" You mumble, the panic slowly subsiding.

"They were a precaution for situations just like this. Sorry I didn't tell ya. You feelin' okay, feathers?" He'd stretch out his hand, helping you up. Once you were steady, the wall of bones dissolved. He holstered his gun in his jacket. The sound of police sirens in the distance began to grow.

"Hey. Actually. Remember that one time you mentioned you wanted to learn magic?" He asked, turning to you. Just completely disregarding what just happened.

"Well, yes but, you just-"

"I was thinkin' I could finally take you up on that. Once we finally catch C, you can get some of that sweet sweet payback."

"You know what," you sigh, they were attacking you both after all. He's done this before, you shouldn't be too surprised. "I'd like that."

The sirens are getting louder. He offered you his hand.

"Cool, let's get outta here then."

Taking his hand in your own, the grassy soft ground was once again kicked out from under your feet then quickly replaced with hard concrete. You didn't stumble, feeling the sensation before.

You look around to see you're on a roof, pretty high up. There was a good amount of space to move about too.

"So what do you know you can do?" He started, taking a step back from you and stretching.

"Uhm. Plants, I think."

"Alright alright. Accurate to your soul. Let's see if you have any monster specific magic then." He'd close one eye, the other a glowing mix of blue and yellow.

You stare in fascination, the pretty swirls clashing but never fading into a solid green. You barely register the fact you're floating.

"When I use my telekinetic abilities, my eye glows. It signifies its use, though it only works with this one power. Bones, blasters or teleporting doesn't do the same. Dunno why though." He'd lower you back down to your feet. "How did you activate your ability."

"I was fighting Ca- him. I was fighting him. I dunno, I just kinda snapped," you look at your arms, your hands. Flashes of vines piercing his skin and the feeling of them wrapping around his bones bounced through your head. His screams playing back to you. You clench your fists. "So far it's thorns and vines. I don't know what else."

"We can work with that. Let's see if we can unlock anything. Try defending," he'd lift up his left hand, a dull bone appearing beside him. He sent it your way, your eyes widening.

You'd throw up your hands to block your face, but nothing hurt. Moving your arms to see, your line of sight is blocked by the end of the bone just floating there. No vines. No magic. You frown.

"Maybe I might need to actually be in danger. Try actually hitting me," you say, stanced up.

"Okay," he'd shrug, flicking his finger and the bone following, bonking you on the head.

"Sans! I mean literally. I need to be in a fight-fight." You'd groan at his sarcastic take on your request. He'd sigh in defeat, the bone in front of you dissolving and two spawning at his sides.

They'd fly at you, not too fast but not snail speed either. You'd dodge the first but got hit by the other. It'll leave a bruise but it didn't piece skin, due to the duller version being sent at you. Nothing like what was used on the ones that shot at you two.

"Hey you did it!" You hear, you'd look over to see a third bone being suspended in the air by a vine a few feet in front of you.

"I did.." you muttered in awe.

"What did you do to summon it?" He pondered, stepping forward as the vine uncurled from the dissolving bone. As his magic disappeared, you thought back.

"I was thinking back to how we were being attacked. That's my guess," you answer, looking at your hands. As he looked back at you from the vine, you could tell his eye lights shrunk slightly in surprise. "What. What's wrong?"

"No. Nothing.. just your eyes," he responded, looking perplexed. "Their glowing."

"Oh! Uh. Thanks?"

"No no. They're actually glowing. Green and yellow." He corrected, still focused on the phenomena.

"OH! Right right, of course-" you mentally berated yourself at the stupid assumption. God that's embarrassing. "Sorry.."

"Iz no problem, feathers. It's actually not too common. Me, paps, the king, Undyne, and I think a few others have glowing eyes. But it still ain't too many. That's pretty cool." He said, straightening out. "Let's try again. Think back on how they jumped us and we'll see if we can kickstart ya power again. Try to tag me."

Nodding, you stance up. Bones form around sans, aimed at you. Eyes narrowing on your targets, you focus. As bones began flying, you shifted to the side and dodged the first view. Memories of being attacked flashing through your mind as you dash through the onslaught of white.

You'd kick off from the ground, using the old vine as a stepping stool and taking to the skies, avoiding the bones. Spinning through an arch into a dive-bomb, you can feel the zips of wind from his attacks as they fly past you.

You reach out your hand in an attempt to get further only to stop in mind air, floating within a haze. The skeletons eye a ball of blue glowing gently.

"Not fast enough, feathers."

"Aw, cheater!" You huff, unfurling yourself into a move comfortable position.

"Neva agreed to use only bones," he'd chuckle while lowering you to your feet. "But I ain't letting ya tag me till we can actually activate your powers. Let's try again."

You'd nod, moving back a few steps and crouching down. A determined grin and a stubborn soul will push you through as the bones once again began firing.