22 Waitress

(PLEASE LOOK AT THE MEDIA. THIS WILL EXPLAIN WHERE YOU'RE GOING WHEN YOU DELIVER FOOD.)

Your alarm rings next to your ear, the aggravating tone you're so used to making you quickly shut up your phone. Sitting up and stretching out, you try to remember why you set it in the first place.

You go ahead and check the date on your phone. Monday.

Uhhhh.... Monday Monday Monday...

"Right! Work!" You shoot out of your bed, dressing in some casual attire since you get a uniform there anyways. Washing up and grabbing your bag, you'd stuff in your phone, charger, and wallet. Finally ready, you head down stairs for breakfast.

You are about to greet your dad till you notice him still sleeping. Gently smiling, you begin making some (breakfast food) and pour a glass of (breakfast drink of choice). After eating, you leave aside an extra for your dad and get up.

Putting on your shoes and taking your keys, you walk out and lock the door behind you, taking in a breath of 'fresh' air. You can smell the gasoline already.

Expanding your wings to their full length, you crouch and take off into the skies. Morning flights were always a good way to wake you up. The cold air hitting against your skin and water droplets that still linger in the clouds splashing on your face. You twirl about, enjoying the tranquility.

Soon enough, you check your phone to see you've past the bar. Taking in a sharp breath, you do a 180 and follow the gps towards your destination.

Landing down, you get a few disgruntled groans from the people around with the dust the was lifted up during your descend. Flashing an apologetic smile to the people around, you knock on the door to the bar.

A few seconds pass till the door was opened for you, the entity of flame dress in a nice tux and blazer.

"Ah, Miss (L/N)! Please come in, come in. I have a few uniforms that may be your size. Please feel free to try them on in the back. There is a key to the door as well for later." Grillby would motion you in, leading you to the side door behind the counter.

"Alrighty, is there anywhere to put my things?" You ask, stepping into the back.

"There is a locker over there, I've labeled it for you. It's key is with the door key."

"Awesome. Thank you, sir."

"It's no problem. Come to me if you need anything, we open in an hour."

With that, Grillby close the door, leaving you in the back. You walk to a few neatly folded uniforms on a table waiting for you. Taking down time to try them on in the bathroom, you found the third fit you best. Re-folding the ones you tried on, you placed them all to the side stacked up.

Grabbing your bag and clothes, you stuffed them in the locker. It wasn't the biggest but it fit so that was good enough for you. Pocketing the keys, you double check your look.

Your hair was slightly styled, up in a (bun, ponytail, braid, or just left down if short). The uniform consisted of a white dress shirt with a black blazer, tie, and dress pants. Along with some black glossy shoes to complete the look. A small name tag clipped on your blazer read simply as 'Y/N' with a small fire logo in the corner for the bar.

Stepping into the main room, you see you have about 17 or so minutes left. You walk over to the bar where your new boss is waiting.

"Y/N, wonderful. As you don't have much time to learn drinks, you'll be waiting tables. Just use this notepad and you'll be set. There's not to many items on the menu so it'll be fine." He handed you a small stack of papers fixed together with the regular loop of metal and a red ink pen.

The chime of the golden bell makes you turn around, customers now filing in. Large dog monsters, some birds, bunnies, even a few humans come in, taking seats in the available areas. Taking in a deep breath, you start going moving around to take orders.

"Hello! Welcome to Grillbys, what can I get you?"

"Hey! Glad you can make it, what's your order?"

"Welcome in, nice day out. Do you have something in mind?"

You spent quite some time taking orders and bringing them to Grillby. After a good 2 hours or so, it was time for your break. You move to the back room and sit down.

"Aaawww my feet..." you bemoan, tired from moving around for a while. "I should get some roller blades. That would be faster."

As you made some plans and played on your phone, you notice your break is over. Pushing yourself up by your knees, you go back out into the main room.

"Y/N, grab these drinks please. Booth 2," Grillby says, passing you a platter of drinks.

Nodding, you grab the tray and move along. Placing down the drinks.

"Can I get you anything else?" You ask, placing the tray under your arm.

"Noooooopuhh... I'm goooooddd..." the pink drunken bunny slurrs their words, almost blacked out already.

"Alright.." you turn around, as you begin to walk to the bar. Before you could take a step though, you freeze at the sight of your friend sitting on the bar stool. Sans.

He and Grillby look like they're chatting. Grillby himself looks annoyed honestly. Sans was just smiling, probably going off with puns.

You grin, walking over to the bar. Passing Sans, you give a small note to Grillby with another order. Sans stops speaking as he noticed you, looking a bit surprised.

"Feathers?"

"Hey Sans, how ya doing?"

"You work here? Since when?" He asks, relaxing on the stool again.

"Since today," you shrug. "Do you visit often?"

"Oh ya, almost everyday," he'd chuckle, grabbing a shot glass filled with the pastey red substance before chugging it down.

Before you can say anything else, you hear someone holler at you. "YO! HUMAN LADY! WE NEED MORE DRINKS OVA' HERE!"

Grillby paused and looked up to the yelling monsters. He'd place down the cup he was cleaning and made his way over. You watch him calmly talk to the patrons as their faces shifted into shame. The one who yelled first got up and walked to you, murmuring an apology before quickly leaving.

You turn back to sans, seeing his eyes darkened out and creepy. A second later though he looks back up at you with a regular gaze.

"Welp better get back to work. I'm not paid to chat with you all day." You quickly say, not wanting to make things awkward.

"You could be."

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing. I'll talk to you later, feathers." He'd wink playfully before chugging down another shot. You'd groan and chuckle as you leave his side, grabbing the other drinks Grillby prepared and passing them around. Playful banter with the customers and learning how to make certain drinks and food items for the next few hours really lightened your mood.