8 Healed

The nice chirping of birds slowly nudges your conscious awake. Opening your eyes to the rays of sun beaming through the windows. It would feel like a fairy tale if not for the sore back, sun in your eyes and messy figure since you slept in your clothes. You're also pretty confident that you have a bad case of bed head.

You look to where sans went to bed to find him still asleep. You shake your head and comb your hair with your hands. Getting up and rubbing the sleepiness from your eyes, you decide to take a little walk.

After rolling up your bag, you dust yourself off and start exploring. The garden was very well built, with hundreds of different flora and fauna inside. Soon you spot a lone willow tree on a small hill, coming to terms this 'garden' is probably the size of a forest.

You run up to the said tree and push the flowery branches aside. Under the tree, you see a nice, isolated space hidden away by the bell shape of its leaves. You've always liked willows since of the natural room it makes, but you never got to be under one till today.

You happily step inside, climbing up the trunk to one of the more sturdy branches, nestling yourself into it with your limbs hanging down. At first glance your practically invisible. As you relax, your wings droop down till they are fully outstretched, the tips of your feathers brushing against the surface of the grass. A small breeze tickles your skin as you sway softly with the tree. You can peer over a nearby hedge maze with your position.

'I'd probably need to go left... straight pass two openings, then right... uhhh... right again, down, right, straight, right and keep going up... left, straight, left, up...'

You've practically figured it out, enjoyed the small challenge especially at a weirder angle then a birds eye view. You chuckle at the joke in your head.

Your side is practically healed now, with the occasional wince instead of shooting daggers, and your wing is fully better. As you lazily swing with the breeze, a lazy skeleton finally wakes up.

-SANS POV-

God, how long was I out?

I'd rub my eyes, still pretty tired. "Morning feath-"

I snap awake to see that y/n was no longer there, but I calmed down once I saw the wrapped up bag. If she was taken, the kidnapper wouldn't take the time to clean up her sleeping bag.

I pull myself out of my own and stand. As I stretch, I cringe to here my spine popping. Felt good though.

"Oooohh kiiiiiidd!" I call, dragging out my words. Walking down the path, I realise we both slept in our clothes. Making a mental note to get her some new ones, I keep scouring the garden.

"God, sometimes I wish it wasn't so big!" I'd rub my temples, still tired. I end up in front of the hedge maze.

"There's no way..." I mutter.

"Sigh... HEY FEATHERS?? YOU IN THE MAZE?"

No response.

Welp. Not looking in there.

I turn around to spot the willow tree, squinting to see some (wing color) against the pink leaves of the swaying branches. Guess I didn't have to look to far after all.

Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I teleport in front of the willow. Slowly pushing the thin branches out of the way, I peek inside.

"Kid?" I ask, quieter just in case. My eyes quickly lock onto y/n, draped over a thicker branch. She looks like she's sleeping.

At my word, her eyes slowly open. She'd sit up and yawn. Her wings go out, all of the feathers spread in a huge stretch.

"Heya Sans.." she's say groggily.

"Did I wake ya? Sorry bout that," I'd chuckle, fully stepping in and letting the branches fall into place.

"No no, I was just laying down. Willows are peaceful," she explained, looking down at me. Though/Even standing normally, she was shorter/taller. I'd help her down from the branch and give her a grin.

"So how you feeling, feathers?"

"Oh! Actually a lot better, the bullet wound barely hurts anymore and my wing is all good now. I'm excited to go home and see mum again," she's say.

"So excited to leave me behind, wow..." I'd say in fake sadness, putting my hand to my skull in faint.

"Nah nah..." she's chuckle. "Alright I'm sorryyyy. How about to make it up to you, I will take you on a flight once at any time. Deal?"

"I like that arrangement," My smile grows wider, shaking her hand.

"I'm curious actually, would you be able to visit?" She asks.

"Maybe, could probably arrange something if ya want me too," I'd shrug. "Miss me already?"

She's chuckle at the small joke, her eyes wandering to the hedge maze. A smirk forms on her face.

"Hey kid, what are ya plan-" I start before she pushes me with one hand.

"Tag!" She would yell, proceeding to sprint towards the mazes entrance.

"So that's how ya wanna play, huh feathers?" I chuckle as I give her a second to get herself lost. "Sure. Let's play."

-Y/N POV-

You sprint into the maze, turning corners again and again. Honestly you love mazes, they've always been fun to figure out, and you had the chance to look over the maze walls on the willow so you have a vague idea where to go.

'Left, straight, pass two openings, right, right, down, right, straight, right and keep going up...'

You list off the directions in your head, keeping track on what you figured out earlier. As you run, your shirt gets stuck on a rouge branch, pulling your back and causing a small tear in your shirt.

"Aw dammit! That was a good shirt.." you frown and remove the twig.

"Found ya."

"Holy shit!" You jump to see sans standing there. A smile pops back onto your face. "Haven't tagged me though!"

You send to finger guns his way and turn the corner. You hear a groan followed by a chuckle.

'Left, straight, left, up...'

Soon you're interrupted by a bright swirl of blue mist and sans' hand on your head.

"Tag."

"Aw you teleported! No fair!" You whine.

"What? You used your wings? How's that not cheating then?" He'd have a lazy grin plastered on his face.

"Huh? I didn't use my wings though.."

"What?"

As if on cue, a dagger shot through one of the hedges, barely missing your face. You froze up at the gust of air and the rustle of leaves as the knife made contact with the bush behind you two.

"I did thooough~" a voice cooed, you both look up to see a man with dirty brown wings sitting on the hedge near you. "As cute as your little game is, I wanna play one of my own~"

"It's called Hide and Seek!" He'd say with a sinister grin. "Ready~?"

Sans looked up at him, eyes darkened.

"No."

The man looked ticked and surprised. That is before sans took his soul and flung him across the garden, smacking him into one of the trees.