26 Work

(MINOR SWEARING!)

It's been a few hours since your hangout with sans. With the adrenaline wearing off, you realize how demanding that training actually was. So much so, you were tired and out of energy during work. As you were cleaning off one of the tables, you hear footsteps coming behind you.

"Is everything alright, Y/N?" Your boss asked, concern woven through his flames.

"Ya, just... tired," you wave him off, rubbing your eyes and turning around.

"You can take your break now if you so wish."

"Don't worry about it, I got this.." you give him a shakey thumbs up, arm hurting from being so sore.

"Whatever you say.. be mindful of your health," Grillby says softly, patting your shoulder which, unbeknownst to him, sent ripples of pain through your body. You just barely nod, keeping a tight lipped smile on your face. He walks off, leaving you to finish off the table, spraying the chemicals and wiping them off.

The rest of work went pretty similarly, though Sans didn't show up. You frown, he said he'd be here.

"Something must have come up.." you mutter aloud, throwing the rag onto your shoulder. Rubbing your eye, you don't realize what you've done till it starts to burn. "Shit!"

You rush to the bathroom, quickly washing your eye out with water. "Mother fucker! Ahh.."

Your eye continues to sting, since you rubbed chemicals into it. "If I go blind from this, I swear to whatever is up there, I'll-"

As you prepare to cuss out god, you hear the sounds of yelling from the main room. You turn your head in confusion only to be redrawn to the situation at hand, cupping your eye as it flares up again. "Oh, this is bullshit!"

As you wash it out again, you flinch at the sound of a gunshot. Adrenaline starts pumping for the second time today as you swivel to face the bathroom door. You crouch and sneak out, peaking around the corner to the main room. Patrons were on the ground, hands over their heads as a group of black-clothed people stand in front of the doorway with artillery.

Your breath hitches as you see Grillby being held at gun point. The thug was yelling at him for cash, a pistol in his hands. You suck in breath and hold it, thinking.

"I need to help him," you decide, eyes darting around the room. Something clicks as you raise your hand just barely, eyes flaring not it pain, but in green and gold.

You focus on the floor beneath the thug, everything around you feels like it slows as you stare down that one spot. That slightly off floor board. A faint glow of green shimmers around the crack. The tiniest vine sprouting up, probably an inch or two high.

Your eyes narrow. You have to do this. Hand raising slightly, the vine grows, slowly hiding in front of the man's leg, away from sight of the rest of his group. The plant reaches up to his dominate arm, growing right beneath it as it trails towards the hand. And the gun.

Breath in.

.

..

...

Breath out.

You clutch your hand into a fist, time restoring as the vine wraps around the man's wrist and thrusts the pistols hammer into the man's nose. Quickly moving your hand down, the vine slams the thug into the ground.

The other two thugs quickly look around. One was dressed in a black cloak, which made no sense to you, and the other had on a black hoodie and sweats. The second glanced over and pointed their gun towards you.

"Oi! Get your ass out here!" They shouted. Your eyes widen as you quickly shut the door and get off the ground.

"Shit shit shit!" You look around for anything to defend yourself.

You hear pounding on the door as it gets kicked open. Trusting your gut you start with grabbing the first thing you can. Which ended up being the barrel of a M16 rifle.

Not willing to back down, you pull back, knocking the pursuer off balance. You sidestep enough for them to fall down. Their hood falls off to reveal a probably 30 year old lady with blond scruffy hair. You awkwardly hold the gun, not knowing what to really do with it. She quickly gets up and snarls at you, teeth clenched.

This startled you.

"Did you just fucking... growl at me?" You say, befuddled.

Not responding, she yells and pounces on you, starting to wrestle the gun out of your hands. You grit your teeth and keep a hold on it. After a few seconds, you use your wings to wrap around your body and thrust out, throwing the lady off of you.

Shakily, you point the gun towards her. "God I just fucking attract drama anywhere I go, don't I.." You cuss, already tired of this. You were jumped once already god-dammit!

"You really do." You hear a male voice from behind you followed by the sound of a gun cocking and the feeling of cold metal pressed against your head. "Drop the gun, y/n."

No...

You start to turn to look, though having the gun shoved against your head again makes you look back.

"Drop it."

You listen. Though not because he said to, but because of the shock. You feel your hands trembling. You barely register the lady picking up her old weapon, not the sound of the two voices conversing. A slight ringing in your ears grows louder and louder till it's the only thing you can identify.

THUD

You're snapped out of it by the vibrations of something big falling down. You look around, the atmosphere completely changed. Greenery replaced a lot of the browns, vines woven through wooden boards and planks. Grey metal rendered useless as small pink blossoms bloom through the cracks. People pinned to walls with thorns through their clothing.

One you couldn't really care for. The other though.

The other came to you.

His cloak had fallen to the floor. His wings pierced by sharpened plant life. Poor. Thing.

He looked different. His arm, the one you destroyed inside out, was replaced by a metal prosthetic. His wings were more tattered than before, even with the flora woven through his feathers.

"What are you doing here." Your voice grew cold once more. It's barely been two weeks.

"You ain't happy to see me, sis?" Carter grinned, knowing what buttons to push.

"Don't you remember what happened last time?" You practically growl, walking over to him. Your form was slouched and hands clenched. You lady opens her mouth to speak only for a vine to shoot out at her face, only stopping inches away. She quickly shut up. "Why. Are. You. Here?"

"To finish the job," he said casually, shrugging. "Plus, you don't have the guts to kill me. I'm still your older bro. We're family."

"Now... What makes you say that?" You meet his eyes, the same void coldness as before. Vines growing around his throat, crawling towards his ears. "As I recall... I wasn't finished last time."

The tips of a few vines just barely reach his lobes before you get distracted by the sound of ripping. You turn to see a dog like monster cutting through the vines that covered the door.

Eyes lighting up (literally), more plant life quickly wrap around him and take him the floor with a thud. You're breathing heavily from the amount of magic you're using.

Seconds feel like hours until you hear:
"We all good in here-? Wait- Feathers?"

————————
Big thanks to Mielthedarkfox ,Illusion_CyberCat and TheWhiteRabb for commenting/voting! It always makes my day! Sorry this took a while to come out! School has been pretty rough so I took thanksgiving break to write this one.

Quick question, how many Dabloons y'all got?