29 Break

Matching eyes glare into the each other's. Neither willing to break the stare.

You notice each twitch, the heave of every breath, the bouncing of His leg. Seconds stretched on what seemed like hours.

Finally, He spoke.

"I will get out."

"What?" You straightened out, not processing the fact a dialogue has restarted.

"I got out last time, I'll just do it again." He repeated, a grin resting on His face.

"That's only because we underestimated you," Sans spoke, still standing behind you.

"And the funny thing is, you still are! You like jokes, dontcha Bones?" He laughed mockingly.

"Don't call me that, C." Sans practically growled, hands tensing slightly. You recalled the time you called him Bones.

"Oh so you get to call me a nickname and I can't? I'm hurt," He fake pouted, voice sounding like He was holding back another laugh.

"Look. I'm a swell guy," Sans began, his hands falling to his sides instead of the original crossed position.

He glanced at you, almost asking permission for something. Though you didn't know for exactly what, you nodded to him. With confirmation, he took a few steps forward.

"So I'll answer your question." He stopped in front of the bars. "I am one for some jokes. So how bout it?"

He teleported inside, crouched down in front of Carter with a large grin. You lean to the side slightly, trying to see what's going on.

"What did the mobster say to the parrot?" Sans started, staring dead ahead at Him.

"I dunno, what?" He responded, matching Sans's gaze.

"'We got ways of making you talk.'"

Carter was a tough person. That you knew. But what you saw made you reconsider if He even was a person. It was... terrifying. And you weren't the one in the cell.

Sans was a dangerous man. He was a mobster. A mafia boss. It's expected. Torturing was probably on the 'list of things to do today'. You never expected to see this side of him. Of his profession.

You suppose you never really understood what his job truly entails. Yes, you had your moments of realization, but seeing him doing his work personally. That was a true wake-up call. The cold, icky stare holding no emotion as he plucked out feathers from His wings. The forever held grin that never once faltered or twitched.

It's been an hour. Even He was starting to crack. Though still, He held strong. Sans never showed a tint of annoyance or anger. As almost 60 minutes past, you decided to excuse yourself. You couldn't stand looking at that scene anymore. As you left, you heard: "Aww, you scared her off, Bones!" Followed by the sound of a punch connecting.

You let out a shaky sigh. As much as you tried to hold up the cold glare, just seeing that violence... it shook your soul. You rubbed your arm as your steps echoed throughout the hall.

—————

Hello everyone! I'm so sorry this chapter is short, I could not find inspiration/motivation for it. Ive been chipping away at this chapter for a solid week and couldn't come up with anything more. I'm also on vacation for a little bit, so yippee!

Sorry again and I wish you guys a lovely winter break/holiday!