12 Lunch

The two of you appear in front of the taller brother, him not even phased by your sudden appearance.

"SANS! YOU DON'T RUN AWAY LIKE THA-" Papyrus began before noticing you. "OH! HELLO WINGED HUMAN! HAS SANS ALREADY ASKED YOU TO ACCOMPANY US TO LUNCH?"

"Uhm, ya he did," you'd wince at his loud tone but brushed it off. "Thanks for inviting me."

"BUT OF COURSE! YOUR ACT IS BOUND TO WORK UP AN APPETITE, AND AS WE ARE FRIENDS I TOOK IT UPON US TO HELP!" He raised a finger in the air matter-o-factly.

"Boy, you sure got paps egg-cited fur lunch," sans grinned, hands in pockets as he slurred some words.

"WHY YES I-" papyrus then noticed the pun. "SANS!"

He chuckled to himself, his noticeably deeper voice contrasting with papyruses.

"EITHER WAY, IM GLAD YOU CAN ACCOMPANY US, WINGED HUMAN," he said, ignoring sans.

"As long as I'm not to much of a... bird-en?" You squeaked out, already holding back laughter. Your wings puff up to emphasise the pun. Papyrus just stared silently as sans finally cracks and started laughing.

"THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER! YOU HAVE INFECTED HER WITH YOUR PUNS!" He shouted, he would be angry but papyrus looked happy that sans was laughing. You're sure their... line of work... isn't the brightest. Turning back to you, he continued, his smile returning. "WELL WINGED HUMAN, WE HAVE A VEHICLE TO TAKE US TO THE EATERY. PLEASE FOLLOW ME!"

Still chuckling, sans pat you on the back and followed his brother. Expecting you to trail behind.

"I think I made him mad," you say, catching up to sans.

"Paps? Nah he's just tired of my puns, don't worry 'bout it. He likes ya," he shrugged, walking along. You both made some small talk about how you like your work, what you were going to go do, how the people are. Even though you know that sans works in the mafia, any questions you try and bring up are expertly avoided and flipped to you.

As you were about to confront him on it, you reach the car. The car being a limousine, because of course it was. They are mobsters. Still a bit hard to grasp that.

Entering the car, somewhat uncomfy at the luxurious style of the vehicle, you take a seat next to sans. Papyrus in the drivers seat. The conversation was less natural and flowed more awkwardly but the three of you still fished out random topics to chat about. After some time in traffic, you made it to the 'eatery'. As you were expecting a diner, once you got out of the car you are surprised with a huge, fancy looking restaurant.

Walking inside, you felt out of place. You're still wearing the white sweater and black pants, your hair kinda frazzled from the flying, your wings bumping into tables occasionally followed by quick apologies. You smooth down your hair with your hands as best you can. Nervous.

"You 'ight feathers?" Sans asks you, noticing your state.

"Huh? Oh ya, sorry. I'm alright, just kinda... ya know..." you motion to your attire then to everyone else wearing nice tuxes and dresses.

"Eh, don't worry bout it. If they make ya uncomfy I can get 'em out," he grins at you, and your eyes widen.

"NO! No no it's all good!" You shake your hands and head.

"What? I was just gunna bribe em out, what ya think I was gunna do?" His grin grew widen as he trapped you in a rock and a hard place with words.

"Uh. I- Uhm... nothing never mind," you say quickly, speeding past him to the table papyrus was lead to. You hear sans chuckling behind you as your face flushed red.