11 Back

The chattering of customers can still be heard from your waiting area. The cast and crew talk quietly to each other, excitedly chatting about the upcoming performance. You talk with some of the guys who work in the 'Funky Noise Beeper' as it was so lovingly named, but it was really just the clown car that so happened to have a honker.

All of the conversations are interrupted as everyone hears the introduction beginning. You all wave each other off and head to your starting points.

Saying goodbye to the dudes, you use your tunnel space to fly up to your perch and land, making yourself comfy as the show starts, it'll be almost an hour till your part.

As you watch, you couldn't help your eyes wandering to the mobsters in the crowd. As you look, sans glances at your pier, both of your eyes locking. Frantic to make it not seem weird, you just offer a small wave which he returns lazily. He must've woken up early.

Turning your attention back to the show, some red still dusting your cheeks, you wait to hear your starting speech. As the act before you closes up, you stand up to do your thing before you hear;

"So how's everyone feeling tonight!?"

Loud cheers are met with the Headmaster, the area is filled with clapping and roaring from the crowd.

"Good good! We have two more acts for you tonight! Both are new but here we have fresh, never-before seen, people may I introduce to you: Calypsooooooooo!!!"

Dragging out her name, the crowd once again erupts in cheers. In a blaze of purple fire and red smoke in center stage appears the woman you met. You sit back down, you guess that your act was pushed back to be the finale again. You don't mind, just means you leave off the show with a bang.

Returning back to the performance, you're curious on what her set is. It's obvious she has magic as you know for a fact there is no trapdoor where she's at. Leaning forward, your legs hang off the edge and your elbows dig into your thighs. You feel mesmerised by her movements.

Cammy's set was basically a magic show, but with real monster magic. Dancing flames lit up the darkened stage in an array of colours and shades and life. The fire introduced a dancing pattern to the ceiling to the tent as she wove a story, miraculously the tent didn't burn. You assume it's because it IS monster magic. Any prop flames you all use are all dwindled enough so it can't burn the stage but still looks cool. This though... This is just awe-striking. This is beautiful.

Almost as quickly as she was announced, her bit was over. You shook your head to snap out of the trance as the audience went wild for her. Glancing back to your friends, you still see sans looking at you. Thoughts overwhelm you, why is he looking? Did he even watch her show at all? Am I staring right now. What is he-

He offers a look of concern, almost asking 'are you ok?' You blink and wave your hands followed by a thumbs up saying; 'no no no, I'm good, I'm good.' He nods and turns his head back to the show, you take a huge sign of relief which was cut short by;

"The Feather Flier!!!"

Your cue! 'Shit!' You think as you scramble up to your feet and launch yourself off the platform. You wings open to let you dodge and weave through the rings. You make it a challenge to fly in different sets to make it, at least your part, a little different. Still exciting, still new. It's a neat trick you learned from here. Don't let the audience get used to the act or they get bored, make them want to come again! That's good business.

Your act soon ends as you land down on the ground.

"Can we please get a warm 'welcome back' for our stuntee? She's been out for a bit but now our Flier is back and ready to finish the week!"

The headmaster are pats you on the back as the audience cheers for you. You smile brightly at them, missing the noise. Your eyes are drawn to a standing skeleton, Papyrus, cheering for you loudly. It's hard not to notice him due to his actual height. You the look to sans, who was almost covered by the people but not enough, so you can still see his face. He had what looked like a soft, genuine smile. At least you think so. And hope so. You're glad he liked the act anyway.

Waving to no one in particular, you take off and fly to your platform. Heading inside. The cheers of the crowd slowly fade, muffled by the sheets of the tent.

-SANS POV-

Me and paps slowly shuffle our way out the bleachers and down the stairs after the main dudes speech. VIPs are allowed out a few minutes early to avoid the waves of people coming out. The two of us wait around the entrance, hoping to catch y/n on her way out. Paps was dead set on taking her to lunch for a 'job well done' and I can't really disagree. It was a nice show. That new demon gal was also pretty intriguing.

My thoughts are swept away as I spot a certain someone leaving a side tent. Turning to paps, I stuff my hands in my pockets.

"I'll be right back, bro," I say nonchalantly.

"SANS! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO WAIT FOR OUR FRIEND!"

"I know I know paps, trust me real quick."

Before he can tell me no, I vanish away from him and to y/n.

-Y/N POV-

As you make your way down to the cast tent, the sounds of the audience turns into the chattering of cast mates. Soon, Amy notices you.

"Y/n! You did great on your day back!" She squealed, pulling you into a hug.

"Yes, your performance was simple but did cause good reactions." Cammy complemented..?

"Uhm, thanks! I think," you say, scratching the back of your neck shyly.

"Of course," she said, nodding and moving away to converse with others.

"Are you staying for the after party?" Amy says, looking up (or at if you are also 5'2) you.

"After party..? No sorry, I gotta head out early," you smile, not knowing of this said 'after party'. Amy's smile seemed to waver but if quickly went to normal.

"Alright, see you tomorrow then!" She waved and went back to Cammy.

You felt kinda guilty but you shook your head and changed outfits. Grabbing your bag, you turn and leave the tent, waving goodbye to everyone else.

You breathe in the air as you leave, only to cough at the pollution. Though the grass is well kept, the smoke still reaches the middle. You hold the bag tightly as you start making your way home before a bright flash blocks your vision, you stumble backwards with a yelp.

"Heya feathers."

"AAH!"

"Hey hey, cool it! Just me buddy," he chuckled. You pouted and stood up, dusting off your pants.

"You scared me bro!"

A few seconds of silence turn into chuckling.

"Ok ok, sorry feathers," sans would chuckle, holding a fist to his mouth like he was trying to block the sound.

"It's all good, anyway what are you here for?"

"Can't a skeleton just say ya did a good job?" He joked.

"As much as I appreciate it, I doubt that's all," suddenly you were a bit nervous, convincing yourself it may be bad news.

"Ya got me but it ain't nothin bad. Me and my bro wanna take ya to lunch as a 'job well done' as paps said," he explained.

"Lunch?" You question, then realising it is, in fact, lunch time and you were, in fact, hungry. "Ya, I could eat."

"Alright sounds good," he held out his hand. He leaned in a faux bow, grinning. "Shall we?"

"Oh stop it," you chuckled, taking his hand as you feel yourself being transported once again.