30 Sorry. I need to cut in here.

*Crack*

Your room. You didn't realise how much you've missed it. How much the silence it gives soothes you.

Your friends. You haven't hung out in ages. Maybe you should give them a call? Eh, they might be busy.

Your job. Grillbys it's still recovering, your boss is fixing up the damages. He'll call you soon. Hopefully.

Your father. Dad is doing his best at the construction sites. He's makes enough money to keep you both clothed and fed.

You.

How long have you been sitting up there?

Sulking and feeling sorry for yourself.

I've been watching for some time. Reading. Remembering.

So I should rephrase.

How long was I sitting up there?
Why was I up there.
When did I get there?

I should remember.

I did remember.

So again. I will rephrase.

———————————————

You sat on the ledge of your roof, the dull reds and browns of bricks mixing into one another. The flat terrace allowing you to squat comfortably, elbows on your knees for support.

Your wings were propped up, completely extended and catching breeze. It's felt nice against your feathers. Imagining the wind was sweeping away your worries and problems.

You haven't heard from Sans, but you don't mind. You're fine putting that behind you, at least for now. To forget for a little.

It's always nice to forget.

You stand and stretch out, wings puffing up. As you relax your muscles, you take a glance around you. A satisfied smile rested on your face, it felt tranquil there. The sounds of a bustling city below your feet drowned out by the wind up above the rooftops.

The only thing that would bug you could be-

"OI MONSTER. GET DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

Others.

Your landlord was practically fuming, his arms crossed as he glared at you from the sidewalk. You sighed and hopped down, landing safely in front of him.

"How many times have I told you to stay off the roof? You aren't allowed!" He spat, glaring at you. He was a stout, old man. Completely against monsters. It's a shock he hasn't kicked both you and your father out yet.

Your dad pays a higher rate just to live there even when mom was alive, now with her gone, he's paying almost double.

"ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME??" He yelled, snapping in front of your face.

"I am now.." you grumble quietly. "I apologise, it won't happen again."

"Better not, now get outta my sight, monster." He sneers, pushing past you and heading back inside.

You roll your eyes, cracking your neck to the side. Gotta put up with it. Gotta be nice for dad.

Maybe a flight will clear your head.

You crouch down and then lift off, soaring into the sky. The cold wind in your face felt great as you flew, a pleasant breeze ruffling your feathers. Becoming giddy, you looped around, laughing out loud at nothing.

You almost forgot what this felt like.

Soon you landed, stretching your arms as you looked around. Where did you even go?

Pulling out your phone, you checked your location. The plaza.

"Oh, Grillbys is 'round here!" You scroll around the map till you find the marker and begin making your way over. "Might as well check in to see how it's going."

The bright orange glowing sign signals your arrival. As you glance inside through the windows, you see that it's pretty fixed up. The flooring has been redone and walls painted over, from what you can tell, the back door is back on its hinges.

"Can I help you?" You hear from behind. Jolting, you swiftly turn around.

"GAH! Oh!" You see your boss, Mr. Grillby, standing behind you, the yellow lights that make up his face stared at you questioningly. "Hey boss, sorry! Just checking in on the bar... I was in the area. Sorry for the damages by the way..."

You sheepishly rubbed the back of your neck, looking at the ground. You hear a light chuckle above you. A warm sensation of a hand patted your shoulder. You looked up to meet Grillbys flames.

"Don't worry about it Y/n, you did more good than harm. I would've burned it all down but your vines were 'easy pickins' as they say," he smiled, releasing you. "You want to see inside?"

"Oh, sure!" You agree, following after him. He unlocks the door and enters with you in tow.

Looking around, the bar looks quite quaint with no one inside. A warm, cozy atmosphere makes you more relaxed by just being there.

"You're free to look around. We'll be opening up again tomorrow since everything is in working order. I must get more alcohol though..." Grillby trails off, thinking of what he still needs to get before re-opening. As he mumbled to himself, you walked to the back.

Inside, the walls seem newer, lots of planks replaced and painted. As you scan the area, a soft green and pink smudge pops out from the orange and brown. Bending down, you pick up a small (favourite flower).

"I grew this..." you mumble, remembering when the room was entangled in your magic. You can recognise that this was your doing. "Why is this still here?"

Standing, you pocket the flower. Might as well take it since you made it. You walk back out to the main bar, ready to leave.

"I'll get going then, regular shift tomorrow?" You ask, making your way over to the exit.

"That's right, I'll see you then, Miss Y/N," he waved you off, which you returned. As you stepped outside, you checked your phone. It may be good to do some shopping, you haven't been in a while.

Shifting your weight and spreading your wings, you flew off.

———————

Oh who could that of been in the beginning? Hmmmmmm

Hey guys! I'm back! I'll try to get some more chapters out as I believe I've been gone long enough. It'll still be slow but I'll do my best! It's not the longest I could muster but I thought you guys deserve it for the love I've been given in this story.

I hope you guys are as excited as I am to get back into it!