14 Mansion

WARNING: SWEARING

After settling down the laughter and mess you both were making, you stand up and start picking up the papers.

"Water you doing?" Sans jokes, throwing in a simple pun. You smile to yourself.

"Cleaning up? We made a bit of a mess ya know," you motion to the room which is, in fact, a mess. He starts pulling himself up to sit straight.

"Here let me help... fuuuck..." He holds his head with his hands, a migraine poking and prodding at his skull.

"You relax. You have a hangover and still may be a bit drunk," you command, not giving an inch of discussion room.

"But I can just-"

"No. Take a break. This is the least I can do," you give him a reassuring smile and go back to cleaning up the papers.

"Feathers, ya don't get it- just- Here," before you could protest, the papers on the ground and that you were holding were surrounded by a blue hazy mist and lifted into the air, all of them slowly floating over to a waste bin and were dumped in, causing it to overflow.

Being a monster, you knew magic existed. It was obvious, but your father never used magic as most of his was pushed in his form. He also never had time to teach you how his magic worked or if you had any due to work. You figured that you must have some, maybe more than your father due to being the hybrid you are, but you only slightly learned to control it. So as you watched sans use his, an idea sparked.

"Sans. Teach me how to use magic," you turned to face him, his eye lights already on you and his bone brows(?) raised in curiosity.

"Ya want me to teach ya?" He asked, laying his chin on his fist while his elbow dug into his thigh. His slouched posture made him look relaxed and unbothered.

"I never got to learn cuz dads always busy, and you know how to use yours, so can you teach me..?" You back-peddled a bit, realising how demanding you sounded by your prior comment. Well, no... demand.

"I don't see why not," he shrugged. "But not right now, I feel tired as fuck..."

His palms pressed against his eye lids as he tipped onto his back against the bed. Some dust spread slightly do the the lack of cleanliness of the room. You waft in front of your face to disperse said dust and avoid inhaling it.

"Obviously. I'll go see what Papyrus is up to. Maybe he's making food. In any case, I'll bring some water or something up to you, so just relax and focus on clearing your head." You get up and wipe your hands on your pants, after getting a subtle nod, you exit the room.

Making your way downstairs and kinda of getting lost in the process, you end up following the sound of humming. Eventually you reach the kitchen, with a certain skeleton preparing what you think is some sort of pasta while he hums a tune to himself.

"Papyrus! Hey, how's it coming along?" You ask, making yourself known.

"OH, WINGED HUMAN! SO NICE TO SEE YOU! THE SPAGHETTI IS 'COMING ALONG' QUITE WELL! HOW IS SANS? IS HE ANY TROUBLE?"

"Nah, sans is fine. I wanted to get him some water and maybe something to eat for later. I assumed he would want something since you are cooking right now," even though it was only 2 hours since you all ate, papyrus was already at the stove. Maybe skeletons need to eat more often to support magic or something... you didn't bother to question it.

"OF COURSE, THE PASTA IS ALMOST READY, CUPS ARE IN THAT DRAWER RIGHT THERE AND YOU CAN GET WATER FROM THE FRIDGE," he said, pointing to one of the said cabinets. You nod and grab a glass and fill it with water. You pull out your phone and search on 'how to deal with a hangover'. After specifying your search a few times you find that warm water is usually better for hangovers. Avoiding the ice, you fill the glass and set it down.

You and papyrus make some small talk till the pasta finishes. He hands you two plates of the food as you balance the 3 dishes in your arms. You thank him and start making your way back, retracing your steps.

Your love for mazes gives you a really nifty internal compass so it takes a shorter amount of time to get back then get out. Knocking on the door you get no response. Assuming he's asleep, you slowly open the door with no creaking.

Stepping into the now somewhat clean room, you walk to Sans's desk and set down one of the plates and his water. You turn to leave before you feel your wrist grabbed. Your gaze shifts to sans as he is now groggily sitting up.

"You can stay..." he mumbled out, his hand releasing your wrist and moving to grab the spaghetti. You shrug and take a seat on the floor.

"You sure it's okay to eat here?"

"Feathers. Have you seen this room? I assure ya, it's okay," he deadpans. It didn't feel like it was supposed to be snarky or anything like that, his headaches were probably getting to him.

You watch as he grabs the freshly cooked pasta, and as his mouth once again opens into two halves to eat the meal. You quickly look down to eat your own.

It's pretty good, papyrus mentioned his love for the dish at lunch a few hours earlier. The time spent eating was pretty quiet, but it was a nice silence. You ended up not eating much due to lunch not far back, but you still ate a noodle or two ever once in a while to not make sans feel like he has to rush for you.

As your eyes glaze over him, you notice the fact he isn't wincing as often and looks brighter in general. His half lidded gaze remains, ya, but he looked comfortable in this state. You smile softly as he must not get times like these very often.

"Rude ta stare ya know?" He said, his eyes still locked on his food as he almost finished the meal.

"Oh! Sorry bout that," you rubbed the back of your neck before diverting the topic to the drink. "The water should help with the hangover, and it's good to get in some nutrients and carbs as well I think."

He shrugs, dropping the topic and eventually finished the plate.

"Alrighty then, I won't bother you anymore," you begin as you stand and take the other plate from him. "Finish the water before you sleep, I'll go get these washed up."

"Got it, boss," he motioned a lazy salute before turning to the cup.

"Ya ya, just get some sleep, sans," you roll your eyes with a smile on your lips as you made your way out.

-SANS POV-

"Ya ya, just get some sleep, sans."

I watched y/n leave and close the door behind her. A tired smile played on my face as I took the glass of liquid and swung it down in 1 go. Wiping my mouth, I place down the cup and collapse once again on my bed... mattress. I guess?

I go to grab at my side for the blanket as I realised everything was still tucked in, which meant I was still in uniform. Groaning, I haul myself up from the bed and slip off the fedora. Tossing that to the desk, I slowly change out of the suit to some more comfortable clothes. Like a blank white tee and black sports shorts.

Falling back onto the mattress with an "Oomph!" I finally close my eyes and lull off into sleep, my headaches stopping.