32 Welcome

"Order up!"

The sound of rolling wheels on wood and chattering of patrons were both new and familiar. You skate up to the bar, your boss sets down a few drinks on your platter.

"Alright, these go to table 2."

You nodded and rolled off, wings tight against your back to avoid bumping into anyone. Making your way in front of the table, you set down the drinks with a grin.

"Here are your drinks," you say, holstering your tray under your arm. "Can I get you anything else?"

Receiving declines, you turn away. About two hours pass of being flagged down, bringing and taking orders. It was nearing 7 pm when you spot a familiar figure.

"Sans!" A grin on your face grew as you skated up to his usual seat. "Can I getcha anything to drink?"

"Ey, feathahs! Nice to see ya again, pal. I already got Grillbz' pouring me my favorite. How've you been, haven't seen ya since- haven't seen ya in a bit." You noticed his correction but waved it off.

"It's been good, I'm glad this place has finally opened up again which is- wooooh... a relief. At least I didn't damage anything permanently," you chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of your head. You see your boss waking over, setting down a shot glass with... ketchup in it. "Is that-"

"Ketchup? Yep," he quickly downed his- beverage?

"I was gunna say alcoholic but that too, I guess," an amused smile stays on your face, feeling oddly elated to be talking to your friend again.

"Miss Y/N, order for booth 1," Grillby set three bottles in front of you, making you sigh softly.

"We'll talk after work, okay?" You pick up the drinks and balance them on your platter.

"Sounds good, another round Grillbz!" His attention went back to your boss as he held up his empty glass. You sarcastically roll your eyes, still grinning, as you roll off.

Nothing major happened most of the shift. A few drunken comments here and there but all in all it was nice. You enjoyed the atmosphere the bar gave off, and you were excited to talk to Sans after work too.

It was nearing 1:40 at this point, most people have trickled out already, leaving a blacked out bunny with their deer friend trying to drag them out, and Sans still at the bar. He seemed tipsy, at the very least.

"Gimme another, Grillbz!" He calls out, holding up his newest empty glass. You roll over and pat him on the back.

"I think you've had to much, buddy..." you smile sheepishly as he turns to you.

"Noooo, I'm fiiine. Grillby, make it two! One for the pretty lady!"

This makes you blink, not expecting the comment. You sigh quietly and look to your boss.

"Sans, you're getting drunk. Go home," he crossed his arms, glaring at the skeleton.

"Mmmmnn do I gotta?"

"Yes."
"Yes!"

The two of you spoke at the same time, making you turn to make eye contact with the monster. Sans slumped over, head resting on the bar itself. Grillby sighed and looked to you hopefully.

"Could you take him home? He'll 'shortcut' his way into a wall if he teleports like this."

"Ya, I can do that, don't worry about it. Do you need help closing?"

"No no, I'll be fine. Just grab your stuff first." He waved you off, already packing away some loose bottles. "Will your friend be okay miss?"

As he began talking with the deer monster, you walked off. Changing into your casual clothes, you grabbed your bag and securely fastened it to yourself. Pulling out your phone, you walk back to the main room.

"Hey sans, can you put in your address?" You bring the phone closer to him, hoping he remembered it.

"Mmmnn. Naaah, I can't."

"Wah- why not?"

"Idontwannaaa.." His words were muffled as he buried his face more into the bar countertop. You groan and grab him under the arms. Hoisting him up, you shift your weight to balance the two of you. He was still as heavy as you remembered him.

"Thank you again, Miss Y/N." Grillby says, wiping off the portion of counter sans rested on.

"Any- oomph- time!" You tried making him stand on his own only for him to lean back onto you with a chuckle. "I got this."

"Good night."

"Night!"

You practically dragged sans out, looking around the block. You don't know his address and you haven't been to his place enough to remember where it is.

You chewed the inside of your mouth, tapping your phone impatiently. You could take him home, it'll be easier. It may be your only option actually since you didn't have papyrus's phone number.

Huffing, you made up your mind. You pocketed your phone and grabbed sans. Making sure he was secure, you began beating your wings, checking to see how much heavier he'd make you and how much harder flight will be.

After a few small test flights, you started to take off, hovering at first then gaining altitude. It was still late night, or reeeeeallly early morning, so it was a dark sky. The city lights illuminated your way as you climbed up and up.

"Woooaaawww, lookit that view.." you hear sans mumbling below you as you carried him. You've already started your flight back, it'll take less than five minutes so it should, hypothetically, be fine. " 'rya lookin at the view, fethrs?"

"I am, sans, I'm looking," you confirm, keep an eye ahead of where your going.

"Ehh ur not lookin," he dismissed your comment, going back to gawking at the lights.

Soon enough, you home comes back into view. Slowing your descent, you felt your feet plant on the ground. You throw his arm over your shoulder, leading him inside.

"Wowza, this place'is a dump, you shuld lif with me."

"What??" You stop, eyes shooting to him.

"What?"

"W-what did you say?"

"Ehhff I dunno," he shrugs, beginning to nod off.

You shake your head, dismissing what you thought you heard. Locking the door, you bring and set him down on the couch. He lets a hand limply fall down, mumbling something unintelligible to himself as you groan quietly.

"Here we go again..."

—————

Thanks to Timeline14Chara for voting on my last chapter! I'm trying to get more content out for you guys because I don't want to abandon this story, since I've had that happen to my favorite books before so I'll do my best!