Chapter XL

Chapter Forty - Broken Glass

"You really think I'm scared of you?"

⇝߷⇜

Eliza and Liam are in the school library, they watch as Nolan walks in and everyone starts to whisper, everyone looking at him warily, which only makes Nolan more uncomfortable than before. A boy walks out of one of the isles, looking at Nolan before becoming panicked and walking the other direction. The two watch as Nolan stands awkwardly in front of a shelf, Eliza and Liam looking at each other, Eliza giving the Beta a nod.

"Doesn't feel good, does it?" Liam calls out to the boy as the two walk up to him. Liam glares at Nolan before looking out at the other students. "You know why they're all looking at you like that?"

Nolan looks around anxiously before looking at Liam and Eliza. "They're afraid of me?" He asked.

"They're afraid of what you're gonna say, and who you're gonna say it to." Eliza tells him. Nolan looks down at his feet, gulping nervously.

"Nobody trusts you anymore." Liam stated.

"Then why are you here?" Nolan asks, looking up at Liam before turning to look at Eliza. "Why did you text me back?"

Eliza put her hands up. "Hey, I told you to text me if you needed to get out, and that's what you did. I wasn't going to not answer you."

"Because this time, maybe I'll kick your ass." Liam said through gritted teeth, causing Eliza to roll her eyes as she watches the Beta take a threating step towards Nolan, Eliza grabs Liam, pulling him back.

"Liam, I already told you, that's not why I texted him back." Eliza said.

"I said I was going to help. I can show you something -- something I know you're gonna want to see." Nolan explained, hoping to not get beat up by the younger Werewolf.

"Where?" Liam asked.

"At-at the hospital." Nolan answers nervously.

Liam looks at Nolan suspiciously. "Why can't you just tell me what it is?" He questioned.

"Because I have a plan." Nolan answered.

"You? You have a plan?" Liam questions skeptically.

"Actually believe in him, he's trying to help us." Eliza mumbled.

"The kid beat me up." Liam turned to her.

"And I cut my arm with one of his arrows, wow!" Eliza muttered the last word sarcastically.

"Yeah. Yeah, I--" Nolan stops talking and takes a deep breath before continuing. "I'm gonna show you what you need to see at the hospital. Then, you're gonna kick my ass so that Ms. Monroe thinks you had to beat the information out of me." Nolan explained his plan.

Liam considers this plan for a few minutes, looking at Eliza, who nods, agreeing with the plan. "Yeah, I'm good with that plan." Liam finally says.

🐺🗡️

Eliza, Liam and Nolan had just arrived at the hospital, they walk into the lobby, but almost immediately they're being tugged back by Nolan. "You see that guy?" Nolan asks, pointing at a man in light blue scrubs who was talking to a patient in a wheelchair. Eliza and Liam look around the corner too, noticing the man Nolan was referring to. "That's why we didn't come in the front door."

"Who is he?" Liam asked.

"He's with Monroe." Nolan answered. "He was there last night, and he picked up a gun like everyone else."