Chapter XXVIII

Chapter Twenty-eight - Heartless

"Maybe he only responds to pain."

⇝߷⇜

Eliza watched in slight amusement as Malia continued to punch Theo repeatedly. "It's okay. You don't have to stop." Theo whispered; his eyes were closed.

"Trust me--" Malia flicked out her claws, "I won't." She said, making Eliza's eyes widen.

"No!" Eliza yelled.

"Malia, enough!" Scott yelled, grabbing her wrist causing Malia to stop. "Slow down, okay? He's going back in the ground." Scott told her.

"What!?" Eliza exclaimed.

"You can't. He remembers Stiles." Liam jumped in.

"Scott remembers Stiles. Lydia, Eliza, and I remember Stiles." Malia said furiously.

"The Dread Doctors knew all about the Wild Hunt. He can help us." Liam said.

"Or he could kill us." Scott said exasperatedly.

"He's my responsibility. Noshiko gave me the sword." Liam said.

"It's so awkward when Mom and Dad fight." Theo sighed; he had pulled himself into a sitting position against the fridge.

"Shut up!" Liam, Malia, and Scott yelled simultaneously, making Eliza snicker quietly.

"You both are right. If Theo tries anything, we'll send him back to the Skinwalkers. But, for now..." Hayden tried to make an agreement, but Scott wasn't having it.

"He goes back now." Scott shook his head.

"He's not going back at all." Eliza groaned.

"Except Liam's the one with the sword..." Theo pointed out.

"Theo..." Eliza sighed.

"Shut up!" Everyone, but Eliza, yelled at him. Scott grabs Liam by the wrist and drags him into the other room, leaving Eliza, Theo, Malia, and Hayden alone in the kitchen.

Malia starts walking towards Theo, making Eliza stand between her and Theo. "Malia..." Eliza warned.

"Can you two give me a second alone with Theo?" Malia asked.

"No." Eliza said.

"Why?" Hayden asked.

"So I can kill him." Malia answered.

"Malia, you're not killing him." Eliza stated.

"Okay, look -- I know that there's mixed feelings all around, but I might be your only option to stop the Wild Hunt." Theo spoke up.

"Let's kill him." Malia said.

"You're not killing him, Malia!" Eliza exclaimed.

"Oh, you're just gonna protect him like that? The last time you saw him, he threw you down a hole." Malia spat.

"Actually, the plan was for Lydia to fall down the hole, I didn't mean for Eliza to fall down as well." Theo said.

"Raeken, you're giving her more reason to kill you." Eliza said, glaring at Theo before turning back to look at Malia. "And actually, the last time I saw him, he was getting dragged down to hell." She said. Malia growled lowly before walking away from them, Eliza watching her every move before going to sit next to Theo.

"You didn't have to do that." Theo said.

"Well, your mouth was gonna get you killed, so someone had to do something." Eliza said, looking over at him.