Chapter VI

Chapter Six - A Novel Approach

"Fine, but if we crash, it's on you."

⇝߷⇜

"Stiles... Eliza... Where are you?" Donovan called out as he walked around bookshelves, the siblings where hiding in the library from Donovan. He was trying to kill them, or, one of them at least. Eliza whimpered in fear, not liking this at all as she clung to Stiles. "You dropped your phone Stiles, it's Malia, should I text her back?" Donovan called out just as he turned the corner, finding the siblings. They instantly got up and ran over to a scaffolding, starting to climb it, Stiles was higher up than Eliza.

Just then, Donovan started climbing as well, he reached up and grabbed Eliza's leg, attempting to pull her down. "Stiles!" She called out in fright, Stiles looked down at his little sister, seeing her trying to shake her leg free from Donovan's grip.

"Don't worry Stiles! I'm not going to kill you, I'm just going to kill her. Then, I'm gonna eat your legs." Donovan said and despite Eliza trying to keep herself from being killed, she couldn't help but comment on what Donovan just said.

"Dude, that's freaking disgusting and creepy." Donovan ignored her, in favor of trying to drag her down. She felt her grip start to slowly slip, she looked up at Stiles with wide eyes. "Stiles! I'm slipping!" She said, her voice full of fear. Stiles leaned down, trying to grab her hand to help her escape from the psycho that was dragging her down, but he couldn't get a good grip on her, so he looked around, noticing a pin, he reached over and grabbed a hold of it.

"Elli! Get down!" He called out, Eliza did as he said, tucking her body as close to the scaffolding as she could as Stiles pulled the pin, a bunch of metal bars came crashing down, managing to pierce straight through Donovan as they went, his grip on the younger Stilinski's leg vanished as he went falling down.

Eliza and Stiles looked at each other before looking down at Donovan's body, Eliza sighed in relief that she wasn't being killed today before looking up at her older brother with wide eyes, him doing the same to her. They climbed down and walked over to Donovan's body, Eliza stepped away, not liking the looks of it. His teeth were sharp, really sharp, and only one creature came to mind when she saw his teeth. "Wendigo." She breathed, looking at Stiles.

Stiles had called the police and now they were sitting in the jeep, waiting for someone to show up. Once they did, the two slumped down in the seats to stay hidden, a couple minutes later, the cop comes out.

Stiles turned on the police scanner to listen in on what they were saying. "I'm ten-ninety-seven, and there's no one here. It's a six-five-three." The officer said over the radio, making the siblings look over at each other, their eyebrows raised in confusion, once the officer had left, the two quickly got out of the jeep and ran back into the library, only to see that Donovan's body was gone and the library looked liked nothing had happened.

🐺⚡️

"The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon..." Lydia said as she read the cover, Malia and Eliza found the book when they went to Tracy's house.

"What?" Malia asked, looking at her friend who had a faraway look on her face.

"I don't know. There's something about it... Has anyone actually read it yet?" Lydia questioned as she turned to the two girls.

"Just me and Mals." Eliza said.

Malia added on. "And I didn't understand any of it."

Eliza nodded, agreeing with what the werecoyote said. "We should probably all read it." Lydia said.