Chapter VII

Chapter Seven - Required Reading

"Eyes are up here, Stilinski."

⇝߷⇜

"Chimeras." Stilinski said. Eliza, Stiles, and Malia were standing in the Sheriff's office before school with Stilinski, talking about the Chimeras they have found so far.

"Two dead Chimeras --" Stiles said before Malia jumped in.

"And eight new ones --"

Stiles sighed. "So, that's ten in all."

But Stilinski just shook his head. "I'm thinking eleven..." He said while pinning up a picture of Donovan, Eliza and Stiles shared a look before turning back to their father. "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me... They said both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic. You said that, uh, these guys--" Stilinski went to go ask, but Eliza jumped in.

"-- Dread Doctors --" She corrected, making her father sigh in exasperation.

"Are we really calling them that?" He questioned, to which they just nodded their heads in confirmation.

"So, they broke Donovan out?" Malia raised a brow.

"It's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?" Stilinski asked.

"Donovan's a Chimera." Malia pointed out; Stilinski just sighed.

"Yeah, but... Is he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?" Stilinski asked, turning towards the board.

"If he is, he's probably dead." Malia shrugged, the siblings shared another look before acting like nothing was wrong.

"Not until I've seen a body." Stilinski declared before turning to his two kids, "You two are uncharacteristically quite." He pointed out, the two of them snapped out of their thoughts as they turned back around to look at their father and the Werecoyote.

"Yeah... Sorry, we're, uh... I'm just trying to think about it. Uh... These are all teenagers, right? So, now shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers?" Stiles said, looking between the two, Eliza jumped in.

"If the Dread Doctors, if they went through all of that -- burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail..." She trailed off, but Stilinski seemed to get where his children were going.

"They couldn't have been chosen at random." He said.

"They have to have something in common." Malia added on, also getting where they were going with this.

Eliza and Stiles nodded. "Something that made them special." The Stilinski girl said.

🐺⚡️

"So, basically, we're looking for abnormal behavior?" Theo questioned as him, Scott, and Eliza leaned against the railing and looked down at everyone.

"Anyone acting a little off or a little weird." Scott nodded, making Eliza look at him with raised brows.

"Isn't everyone a little weird in high school?" She questioned, making him sigh before nodding,

"Yeah, good point." He said, the three of them started walking down the stairs, Scott holding the book and looking down at it.

"You remember Tracy went on a killing spree after reading that?" Theo questioned, although it was more like a statement.

"You think it's a bad idea?" Scott asked, looking over at him.