Chapter XXXVII

Chapter Thirty-Seven - Triggers

"Sorry, out of pocket comment."

⇝߷⇜

Liam, Theo and Eliza were in Theo's truck, Liam on the phone with Mason. "Did it work?" Liam asked him.

"Yup. Nolan's right behind me. Like, literally right behind me. He's driving a bright red car. He's actually terrible at this." Mason answered.

"Okay, just be careful." Liam replied.

"Okay." Mason said before ending the call.

🐺🗡️

Eliza was still in the truck as Mason pulled up, she looked out the window. "Hey. How close is he?" Liam asked after he had walked up to the window.

"He's back down the road. Don't look." Mason answered as Eliza got out of the truck, helping Theo get the things out of the trunk. "Maybe I should come with you?"

"His friends shoot to kill. Go home." Theo said, walking up to Liam before he realized something. "Right, his friends shoot to kill, so why are you here?" Theo looked at Eliza, who raised a brow at him with her arms crossed.

"I'm staying by your side no matter what, I don't want to be split up from you again." Eliza told him.

"Elli, you should really go back with Mason." Liam added on, agreeing with Theo.

"No! I'm staying whether you like it or not. I brought my bow, so I can protect myself." Eliza said, walking over to Theo's truck, she opened the door and looked around before closing it and turning around, leaning on the truck with her arms crossed against her chest, acting like nothing was wrong.

"Where's your bow, Eliza?" Theo questioned, also crossing his arms with a small smirk.

"I didn't grab it." Eliza muttered before turning back to Mason. "Go home, Mason, I'm staying here, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me."

"Yeah, Lydia would kill me if anything happened to her car anyways, so..." Mason said.

"Don't worry about it. Nolan's gonna do the rest." Liam told him.

🐺🗡️

The three were hiding on a higher level of the zoo when two Hunters showed up. "Where are they?" The first Hunter asked.

"Inside the zoo. They're all here." Nolan answered. "It's not just the two of you, is it?"

"What do you mean, 'just'?" The first Hunter asked again, narrowing his eyes at Nolan.

"It's not just a pack, okay? There's an Alpha, and a Banshee... They're all here." Nolan told them.

"I don't see all of them." The second Hunter stated.

"I don't see anyone." The first Hunter added.

"I-I saw Theo, Liam and Eliza bringing a car full of food and supplies right here! There were at least six sleeping bags, okay? They're here! They're all here!" Nolan exclaimed, but obviously the two Hunters didn't believe him.

🐺🗡️

"It's just Nolan and two other guys. This isn't going to work." Liam informed them, turning back around to look at Eliza and Theo.

"Where's the backup? I mean, shouldn't there be, like, twenty of them?" Theo asked.

"Well, no duh, Theo, that totally wasn't the point of this plan." Eliza said sarcastically.