Chapter XI

Chapter Eleven - Status Asthmaticus

"And Eliza's never going to forgive you for this."

⇝߷⇜

Liam slowly stood up, walking over to Scott in anger. "What do you mean, 'no'?" He asked, causing Scott to sigh.

"Liam, look at her. She's took weak. It will kill her. We don't know what the mercury's doing to her. We don't even know if it's actually mercury. This can't be the only way to save her." Scott tried to reason, but Liam wasn't having any of it.

"It saved mine." Liam spat back, making Eliza sigh.

"That's not fair, Liam. You know that was different. You were hanging off a ledge." She shook her head, not believing that Liam tried to use that as an argument.

"Stay out of this Eliza." Liam snapped at the younger Stilinski, making her look at him in shock that quickly turned into a glare, she went to say something when Theo stopped her. Liam turned back to Scott. "You promised. You said you'd do everything you could." Liam said, making Scott sigh.

"Which is why I'm not going to do something I think is going to kill her." Scott told him then went to continue on. "There has to be... There has to..." Scott went to say, but due to the fact that he started to not be able to breath, his sentence got cut short, he started to search around his pockets to find an inhaler, but realized that he did have one.

Theo noticed this. "Scott!" He called out to the boy, throwing him an inhaler, the Alpha caught it before shaking it and taking a hit.

"There's another way to save her." Scott finished once he could breathe again.

"Guys, I don't know what the statistics are for surviving a Werewolf bite, but she's definitely not surviving this." Theo said, he had moved to crouch down by Hayden, checking on her. Everyone looked over to see that Hayden was getting worse.

🐺⚡️

"Okay, what's that?" Liam asked as Melissa set up something, she was now at the animal clinic, attempting at keeping Hayden alive, who was now laying on the metal table.

"It's called chelation therapy. It removes heavy metals from the blood. But, the problem is... is that it can damage the kidneys, and Hayden only had one to begin with, so..." Melissa explained as she put a needle into Hayden's hand, causing the girl to whimper slightly from the pain.

"Hey, you're hurting her!" Liam said, grabbing Melissa's wrist a little to roughly, Melissa turned to look at Liam with a look.

"And you're hurting me." Melissa said calmly, although, by the expression on her face, it screamed anything but calm.

"Sorry..." Liam instantly let go of her wrist.

"Hey guys? Remember, we're here to save a life, not kill each other." Theo spoke up, he was standing by Eliza, who wasn't paying much attention.

Scott sighed. "It's the full moon. We can feel it, even during the day."

"And, it's a supermoon." Theo added.

Melissa glanced up at her son. "What, is that supposed to make you guys, like, super strong? Super aggressive?" She asked, Eliza sucked in her lips, awaiting for the answer that no one was gonna like.

"Both." Scott said.

🐺⚡️

Eliza, Theo, and Scott now sat in the waiting room, Eliza had her head leaning on Theo's shoulder, her eyes closed. "You know we're going to need help with him..." Theo said, glancing over at Scott.