Chapter XXIX

Chapter Twenty-nine - Blitzkrieg

"Oh, this is getting annoying as--"

⇝߷⇜

The group, excluding Theo and including Peter, were now standing around the Sheriff's Station. "You're going to bite Stiles?" Lydia asked.

"To get him through the rift. It's the only way." Scott told her.

"Just to clarify, are you planning on biting everyone in the train station?" Peter asked.

"With Stiles back, he'll be able to help us figure out a plan." Scott told him.

"He's good at that." Malia added on.

"So, the plan is to get Stiles to come up with a plan?" Peter asked.

"Oh, my gosh. Shut the hell up." Eliza muttered.

"You can shut up now." Malia said, glaring at her father.

"Malia, look around. We're the only ones left in Beacon Hills. If they take us, Lydia will be the only one left to haunt the place." Peter said, pointing at Lydia.

"My gosh, do you ever shut up?" Eliza groaned.

"That's why I'm the only person that's going in. Liam, Hayden, and Eliza will stay here with Mason. As long as somebody is left in Beacon Hills, the Wild Hunt can't move on." Scott explained.

"I like your plan, Scott. I really do, especially the part about turning Stiles. But it can't work." Peter said.

"How do you know?" Malia questioned.

"Logic? Life experience? Liam, what are the odds that he'll get taken? What if Stiles isn't there? What if there is no Beacon Hills for you to come back to?" Peter shot question after question.

"You don't have to be here." Eliza said, looking at him.

"You got a better idea?" Liam asked.

"Yeah. It's called 'run like hell'. So, leave in five?" Peter asked, looking around the group.

"You promised you'd help us. We still need to find the rift." Malia spoke up.

"I didn't promise I'd help you commit suicide." Peter shot back.

"If you can't help, we can find it ourselves." Scott said.

"Scott, I admit that you have a flair for beating the odds, but this, you don't walk away from -- you run." Peter stated.

🐺👻

"So, we should stay here. Is that what you're thinking?" Hayden asked. Her, Eliza, Mason, and Liam were sitting in the main lobby of the Sheriff's Station.

"It doesn't matter where we are. We still need to figure out how to fight them." Liam told her.

"No one can fight them." Hayden stated.

"Douglas can." Theo called out from the holding cell he was in.

"Does he need to stay in there?" Mason asked.

"He's still Theo." Hayden replied.

"Theo saved Scott, remember?" Theo said.

"Theo also attempted to kill Scott, remember?" Eliza mocked, shooting Theo a look.

"Damn, no need to throw shade at me, Issa." Theo muttered.

"I only throw shade when it's needed." Eliza smiled sweetly at him, making Theo chuckle.