Chapter XII

Chapter Twelve - The Last Chimera

"I'm trying to protect you, Eliza!"

⇝߷⇜

"Scott, wake up. Scott--" Parrish said, shaking the Alpha. Scott woke up with a gasp as he looked around. "Are you alright?" Parrish asked worriedly.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Scott says, but Parrish is unconvinced as he notices the growing red spot on Scott's shirt.

"You're bleeding..." Parrish trails off, Scott looked down and sighed.

"It's not that bad." He dismisses, but then grows confused as he fully acknowledged that Parrish was in his house. He looks up at the deputy in confusion.

"Why are you here?" He asked, Parrish sighed.

"I need help." Parrish said.

"With what?" Scott frowned.

"With her." Parrish said, standing up and stepping to the side to show a completely catatonic Lydia standing there, her head lolling on her shoulder as her body is quiet literally working on 'autopilot'.

Scott looked at Lydia in shook before he seemed to realize something else. "Where's Eliza?" Scott questioned.

"I don't know." Parrish sighed. "I found Lydia out in the woods like this." Parrish explained.

"Theo must still have Eliza..." Scott muttered. Parrish points out Lydia's index and middle fingers, the fingernails having been torn off on her left hand, seeing as her hand is all bloody.

Parrish took out his phone, showing Scott the picture he took of the rock that Lydia had carved a symbol onto. "It's a badge. It's a Sheriff's badge." Parrish stated, making Scott sigh before shaking his head before answering grimly.

"No... It's a warning."

🐺🌑

"It could be a side of effect of shook." Parrish said, him, Stiles, Scott, and Melissa were all standing around in the morgue, discussing the current situation regarding Theo digging into Lydia's mind.

Stiles sighed. "She catatonic. It was Theo digging his way through her mind." Stiles explained before scoffing. "And that asshole still has my little sister."

Everyone looked at Stiles with apologetic looks. "We'll get her back Stiles, don't worry." Scott said.

"Why would he do that? What was he looking for?" Melissa asked, glancing between the Alpha and Stiles.

"The same thing he's always looking for -- an advantage." Scott replied.

"So, what did he gain by trying to kill Stilinski?" Parrish asked, looking at the others in confusion.

Scott sighed. "It left me alone with Liam. Theo wanted to make sure no one would be there to stop him from... Killing me." Scott answered, making Stiles scoff.

"And he took Eliza for the same reason. Okay, so he gutted my dad as a distraction?" Stiles asked.

"We need to find this kid." Parrish spoke up.

"Isn't that a little dangerous? Especially since he almost killed my kid? Not to mention, he has Eliza, he could easily use her as leverage against you guys, he could hurt her." Melissa pointed out, making Scott and Stiles sigh.

"He wouldn't, trust me. We all know Theo cares about her way too much to actually hurt her. She might be the only person he actually cares about." Stiles said. "Using her for leverage though? I wouldn't put it past him, as long as it doesn't end up with her getting hurt." Stiles added on, and Melissa nodded. "Anyways, he said he didn't want my dad to die." Stiles said.