Chapter VIII

Chapter Eight - Strange Frequencies

"Did you seriously just say that to the son of a cop?"

⇝߷⇜

"I know what happened to Donovan. I know everything." Theo said, Stiles lunged at him, grabbing him by the shirt and pushing him up against the fence, Eliza stayed back, not comprehending what Theo was telling them.

"You don't know anything." Stiles spat, it was Theo's turn to grab Stiles by the shirt, turning them around so now Stiles was up against the fence.

"I was there. I was at the library. Malia found the book. She was texting us to see where you were. She said she left you at the library. I told her I was close. When I got there, I heard the scaffolding come down." Theo explained, still staring straight at Stiles, Eliza was overwhelmed. She held her head in her hands and slowly lowered herself to the ground.

"You saw him?" Stiles asked.

"Just the body. I watched you and Issa come out. I was gonna say something, but then I saw the cop car. And the body was gone. I don't know who took him. I only saw what you two saw, and I didn't say anything because you didn't." Theo explained, Stiles shoved Theo off of him and walked over to his little sister, who was still sitting on ground, her head still in her hands.

He sat down next to her, bringing her into his side, she instantly wrapped her arms around his waist. Just then, they heard sirens. "That's not an ambulance, is it?" Stiles questioned.

Theo just shook his head. "We should get out of here."

Eliza stood up and gestured to the body. "We can't just leave him." She said, looking between the body and Theo.

"Fine. Alright, let's take him. Someone's stealing the bodies anyway, right? Here's our chance to find out who." Theo said, but the siblings just stood there. "Stiles, Issa, come on. We gotta do something." Theo said.

"You killed him." Eliza whispered.

"In self-defense. He was gonna kill me and Stiles, and most likely you too. If we stay, we're either going to have to tell the truth, or we're going to need a pretty convincing story." Theo stated, making Eliza sigh, she knew he was right. "It's your choice -- I'm not asking you to lie to your dad." Theo said, looking between the two.

Stiles sighed. "Don't worry... We've had plenty of practice."

🐺⚡️

"Do you know him?" Theo asked, him, Eliza, Stiles, and Scott were standing around the dead body, which was laying on the operating table in the animal clinic.

"His name's Josh. He was a junior." Scott sighed before asking, "Which one did it? The one with the cane?"

Theo, Stiles, and Eliza shared a look that went unnoticed by the Alpha before Theo nodded. "Yeah..." He answered.

"What are we going to do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave, that's how Tracy disappeared." Stiles explained, making Eliza sigh.

"I can stay and watch the body." She said, everyone looked at her before Stiles started shaking his head violently, disagreeing with what his sister said.

"No, nope, not going to happen." Stiles said, but she just gave him an exasperated look.

"C'mon Stiles! Someone has to stay and watch the body!" She fought back.

"I can stay with her, make sure she's safe. If that makes you feel any better." Theo offered, looking over at Stiles, who just started at him.

"No, that doesn't make me feel any better." Stiles shook his head before seeing the looks Scott and Eliza were giving him, he sighed before running his hand through his hair. "Fine," He gave in before pointing towards Theo, "but this doesn't mean I trust you, and you better make sure she's safe." Stiles said, waving towards his sister while giving Theo a pointed look, Theo nodded in agreement as Scott got a text, he took out his phone, frowning when he read the text. "What is it?" Stiles asked, Scott looking up at him.